C-sections

C-section pain questions...

Im getting my second c section 13 months after having my first one. I had ALOT of complications with my first c section(and the reason for having it).

But what im wondering is....does it hurt as bad-or the same-or less -or worse than the first time to get it done a second time?

Re: C-section pain questions...

• I think it depends on the person but my pain was a lot less. I attribute this to all the nerves that were killed in the first one. With my second (8a), I was able to pretty easily get out of bed and use the bathroom without help that evening. My daughter had to go to the nicu to be monitored for extra fluid in her lungs and I could slowly walk down the hall (about a block) to breastfeed her and it was not uncomfortable.

I did have them bring me one of those giant velco girdle/binder things after other moms recommended it and it helped hold everything in while you walked. Huge help on the pain front! I even walked around the room to pack up by myself for about 20min when we left although I had to take one break to sit for a minute or two. 

• I guess I'm really scard it will be more painful or the same pain. And the only reason why I was the hospital so long lasytime was because my pain. I am praying this time around ill be able to get up and or cough with out being in such sever pain!
  • Loading the player...
  • My second c-section was easier and less painful.  However, both of mine were really pretty easy.  I think the second one was easier because I knew better how to deal with it.  Always take pain medication before it wears off and get up and around moving as much as you can as soon as you can.  Both the nurses and doctors were suprised how much I was getting up but it made everything heal that much faster.  By the time I checked out 2 days later I was only taking regular over the counter ibuprofen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"