Cleveland Babies

Baby Shower Location

Hi Cleveland mamas-to-be,

Would love to hear your suggestions on baby shower locations.  I'm a "south-sider" (Independence) with family coming from the far west side (Huron).  Any advice on cool places located near me or on the west side? 

I'm more interested in a restuarant than a party center, just because the idea of hauling food, plates, etc isn't appealing.  BUT - for a really unique venue, I'd make an exception.

Thanks!

Re: Baby Shower Location

• We are having ours at the Independence Town Hall.  If you are a resident of Independence, you can rent it for only $50 for the day.  They have a kitchen in there, and they provide tables and chairs for up to 55 people.  I have not yet been there, but everyone on my husband's side said it is really cute.  I guess they have recently updated it, they have wood floors, and a stage as well.

Also, I have been to a shower at D'Agneses on Broadview Road.  It is their party room. It was very nice and the food was good.

Flairs is also good.  They also have a party room that is hidden and nice.

Independence Crown Plaza right off the highway has a small banquet room that is very nice, and their food is excellent.  I would assume other hotels in the Independence area also have small banquet rooms.

• I attended a bridal shower at Amber Oaks restaurant in Sheffield Lake. It would work well for a baby shower, too. Their party area can accommodate up to about 150, but they'd just size it down for a smaller guest list -- no problem. Wonderful food, too.

Closer to Cleveland, check out Santo's in Middleburg Hts. Their party room holds up to 50 (I have no idea how many guests you expect) and their food (Italian homestyle) is excellent. When I lived in Mdbg Hts, it was by far my favorite restaurant. I like that it's family owned/operated, too. (Amber Oaks that I mentioned is also a family owned place.) Santo's is near the Pearl Rd. exit off I-71, so very convenient for west side travelers.

For 'atmosphere', as well as yummy homemade luncheon fare, there's always Clementine's in Olmsted Twp. Awesome sandwiches, soups and desserts. It's an adorable little tea house and not far from I-480 (Great Northern exit).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Depends on how many people you're planning on, but Rocky River Wine Bar has a nice room and great food!  I've been to both wedding and baby showers there.
  • I don't know if this is too far for you but we have our annual work Christmas party at
    Massimo da Milano (216) 696-2323

1400 W 25th Street, Cleveland, OH 44102.

The food is great and the inside is really pretty.

• Been to shower/parties/dinner at all these places... and all have good food.

Eddies Creekside (Brecksville)

Lockkeepers (Independence)

Market (Rocky River)

Houlihans (Westlake)

Chinato (downtown)

Lago (tremont)

Good Luck!

• Sweetwater Landing in Rocky River, down in the metroparks at the marina.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"