Austin Babies
Options

Probably very stupid question about potty training

For little boys, have you found that there are some underwear that work better than others.  I just loaded up at Target and then thought of this.  I'm such a newb, I know.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Probably very stupid question about potty training

• Options
    As long as they have character's the kids will be excited about wearing or the same kind daddy wears. I know DS sometimes likes to wear his "daddy underwear" which are the boxer briefs. Either way dont stress too much. 
  • Options

I'm pretty into underwear (shocker) and my faves for DS are the boxer briefs from Gymboree and the regular Hanes boxer briefs with various sports things on the band. I also like Gerber training pants because they are cheap and snug around the legs but loose in the waist (easy for them to get on and off). I've heard complaints that they are cheaply made, but we've had ours for 3 years and try get washed in super hot all the time and are holding up well. 

My faves for DD are from Hanna Andersson but I haven't tried the boys version.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've used the Gerber training pants and Hanes briefs and now are using the children's place briefs, and I haven't noticed any difference in any of them.  Underwear is underwear, as far as I'm concerned but after reading Emer's reply I have to agree on the gerber training pants.  They're holding up great (DS will still wear them if I'm being lazy about laundry and all the briefs are dirty).
  • Options

We get boxer briefs like papa wears! gymboree has super cute ones (most of the time) tcp has some, but they aren't as thick and soft. I bought some hanes ones but they are uber low quality, like I wanted to take them back!

We have a few from hanna (started with the training pants and then got some of their boxer briefs) they are lovely, but pricey.

I'm torn on the whole trainer undies situation. I think b/c we cloth diapered, the thickness of the trainers confused him a bit, but again, I think that only applies to cds and I think you used regular sposies :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageNessia:
    As long as they have character's the kids will be excited about wearing or the same kind daddy wears.

That!  I think a big part of DS training really easily was that we bought him Sesame Street underpants.  He calls them "Elmopants" and LOVES to put on Elmopants.

Do you have the Karen Katz book (for kids) about potty training?  Big fan of that one. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"