Military Families

I am counting down the days...

... until DH gets home.  I miss him so much and I'm so overwhelmed with taking care of DS by myself.  I am considering talking to someone about PPD because some of these feelings I've been having recently don't seem healthy.  

Today I went to go to the grocery store with LO and my car battery was dead because I left the truck open accidentally.  I seriously lost myshit.  I was screaming at the top of my lungs in the driveway and stomping around the yard.  DS was in the car and was looking at me like I had two heads, which who knows, maybe I did at that moment.  

These little things are really getting to me, and I miss DH so much.  He's been gone a year, but was home for midtour when DS was born.  It seems like forever.  We do have the opportunity to skype on weekends, but he is working all weekend and I contribute some of my grumpiness to missing our 'dates'.  

After rereading what I posted, I really don't have much of a point.  I just needed a place to vent to a bunch of strangers who understand these feelings, because none of my IRL friends do.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am counting down the days...

• I'm sorry friend,

EVERY SINGLE time my husband has left in some way or another the shiz has hit the fan.

Hang in there!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally understandable. Definitely find someone to talk to about the way you are feeling - even if your friends don't understand, hopefully they are still willing to listen.

I was worried about PPD really early on and someone recommended I check out militaryonesource.com - I never looked into it because things got a lot better for me, but I believe they have some sort of counseling available.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • You must be so overwhelmed and I can only imagine how I would feel in your shoes. My husband has been gone for about a month and I'm still struggling to hold things down. Find someone to talk to soon. I hope you get some relief.
  • imageladybugpjb:

Totally understandable. Definitely find someone to talk to about the way you are feeling - even if your friends don't understand, hopefully they are still willing to listen.

I was worried about PPD really early on and someone recommended I check out militaryonesource.com - I never looked into it because things got a lot better for me, but I believe they have some sort of counseling available.

Thanks for the resource.  I totally forgot about militaryonesource; I'll check it out now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're doing great! You've made it this far, and now you're on the homestretch. Deployments stink! We're on the front end, and some days I just feel like it will never end. I have three small children at home, so I understand how you feel in regards to that as well. Is there someone that can watch your son briefly to give you a break for a while every now and again? A little help sometimes goes a long way. I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now--hang in there. *hugs*
    My blog! Our kids: Natalie 6 Colton 4 Adelyn 1 1/2 Easton Si Hu (in Korea) 1 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"