Multiples
Options

Help: Diapers for twins?

For those with Twins: how many diapers do you recommend getting for the first couple months of the twins arrival?  (And sizes)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help: Diapers for twins?

• Options

It's really hard to predict because they can vary so much in terms of birth weight and how fast they grow. Expect to go through 8-12 diapers a day per baby in the newborn stage. Our boys were born at 37w6d, each weighing about 6 1/2 lbs. (They each lost 7 oz in the hospital so they came home at 6.0 and 6.3.) They were in NB diapers for about 3-4 weeks, then size 1 for a month or two, size 2 for a couple months ... they were in size 4 from 8 months till about 32 months. Our boys did gain really fast in the beginning though; they were 12 lbs by 2m, 15 lbs by 3m, and 17/18 lbs by 6m.

Our church threw us a diaper shower and I remember we did end up with too many size 1 diapers but we just exchanged them at Walmart or Target for the sizes they needed.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

We go through over 100 diapers a week.  They came home 6 weeks ago weighing 5lbs and 6lbs and I am just now graduating Miles to size 1 diapers.  Unless you have enormous babies, I don't think you can go wrong with a bunch of NB and size 1 diapers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My guys were in Preemie size for a couple of weeks. (They were tall and skinny - around 5.5/6 pounds - but P fit better) Then we moved to NB for a couple of weeks. Then 1s for about a month. 2s for about a month or two. 

They went through about 10 diapers per day each for quite a while. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there, I Cloth Diaper my twins and LOVEEEEEEE it! I use Kawaii brand which is cheap so it's not too bad to build your stash. My girls also had terrible diaper rash when we were using disposables to start because they were too small to fit into our pockets, and the 2nd day we started using cloth their diaper rashes disappeared and haven't had another one since. I honestly do not know how you guys afford disposables with multiples!!!
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Cloth diaper mama here too. Many people aren't into it but if I paid retail for my diapers (and my twins go through 30-32 a day) I would be spending $250 plus a month in diapers alone. I spent $1000 on my diaper stash (which is a lot in the cloth diaper world) and that should last me pretty much until potty training.

But to answer your question I used NB disposables from my baby shower at first for my 6lb 6 oz and 6 lb 9 oz twins. Even though they were "big" by twin standards they fit into newborn diapers for 2 months. If I had used disposables that would have been about 1800 diapers. So I guess it's safe to ask for as many newborn and size 1 diapers as possible. They both fit in to size 1 diapers now with plenty of room to grow. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"