TTC After a Loss

A call from the doctor on a Sunday is never good

Since my doctor had to leave for an emergency delivery during my appointment last week, he called me today to follow up.  Dh and I trust my doctors opinion 100% so when he called to say that conceiving naturally is no longer an option and we are headed for ivf, my heart sank.  I knew in my heart that was our fait, but DH was thinking we would try again.  Now he says that we have to trust his opinion but he doesn't want 9 kids.  I told him that the clinics have options to ensure only 1 baby at a time.  My doc said he has 3 places for us to go to that offer scholarships and he is on top of our case.  It feels good to know he is in my corner as he is a well known and highly respected doctor.  Feeling a bit numb right now and have a pile of halloween candy in front of me.  Sorry that my posts have been so whiny.
3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: A call from the doctor on a Sunday is never good

• I'm so sorry :(

Many T&Ps for you and your DH... ((HUGS)) 

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Big hugs to you. Although I am sure that was devastating to hear, I am glad that you have a doctor you trust that seems to be dedicated to working to help you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry sweetie ((huge hugs))
  • Im sorry, getting the newa that IVF is your only option is scary and disheartening. That being said, it seems like your hubby isn't that well informed. My best advise is to read about IVF to understand it better, I suggest the couples guide to IVF. Its a very basic and informative book, a good starting point to learn the basics of ART. good luck and ask if you have any questions, I lurk alot more these days since most don't look familiar to me here.
  • imageDesiraeSunshine:
    Im sorry, getting the newa that IVF is your only option is scary and disheartening. That being said, it seems like your hubby isn't that well informed. My best advise is to read about IVF to understand it better, I suggest the couples guide to IVF. Its a very basic and informative book, a good starting point to learn the basics of ART.good luck and ask if you have any questions, I lurk alot more these days since most don't look familiar to me here.
     Thank you for that info on the book.  He most defintely does not know anything about ivf and was hoping that he never would have to.  Good luck on your 2nd ivf!  I am nervous because I have no idea what I am in for, but we will get through it together and having you ladies for support is priceless.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
  • A good support system is key and you WILL get through it together. Its amazing how fast you learn about something when you have to. thanks!
  • ((Big Hugs)) I'm sorry that is your only option. I wish you and your DH luck and happiness. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ((hugs)) I am so sorry.  I'm glad you have a good doctor that is working with you and trying to do everything he can to help you, but I'm sorry you didn't get the results you would've wanted.
    "Even miracles take a little time" Our little pumpkin is here!! Dominick William arrived 2 weeks early on September 30, 2012! 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches. For you I've waited all these years.
  • ((big hugs))... it is so frustrating to hear that your only option is IVF, but thank goodness we now have the option to allow medicine and technology to give you a helping hand.  I will keep you and your DH in my T&P and hope that this news, although difficult to hear, will help you to move forward in your journey.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So sorry to hear that.  Sad Sounds like your Dr. is very informed and a great resource to have.  T&P as you start your new journey.  (((HUGS)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • I'm so sorry.  Big (((HUGS)))

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • ((HUGS)) T&P to you and your DH.

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • imageFreyaWin2382:
    Big hugs to you. Although I am sure that was devastating to hear, I am glad that you have a doctor you trust that seems to be dedicated to working to help you.

This. I'm glad you have someone who is deteremined to help you succeed.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Delino, sorry that you received news you were dreading. IVF was our only option too since my DH has MS. We are currently waiting  on IVF #4 in Jan or Feb.

If you need some one to talk to that has been through it please feel free to page or PM me. 

• imageKGS2003:

Delino, sorry that you received news you were dreading. IVF was our only option too since my DH has MS. We are currently waiting  on IVF #4 in Jan or Feb.

If you need some one to talk to that has been through it please feel free to page or PM me. 

Thank you.  Good luck with your next IVF!
  • Oh delino...I am so sorry :(  However...maybe this will lead to your take home baby...my fingers are crossed that this is the road that will lead you to a mini delino.  ((HUGS))
    Chemical Pregnancy 2001, Married 8/8/09, TTC April 2011, BFP 5/8/11, Missed M/C @ 9wk5d, D&C 6/21/11 BFP 11/13/11 Chase Everett born at 29wks 0 days on 5/7/12 at 2 lbs 14 oz, 14 1/2 inches long.
  • imagecoastalmaine:
    Oh delino...I am so sorry :(  However...maybe this will lead to your take home baby...my fingers are crossed that this is the road that will lead you to a mini delino.  ((HUGS))
    That is my thinking too...and I love the mini delino idea...so cute.
  • I'm sorry :( I know that must hard to hear but I am so glad that you have a supportive doctor. FX that this brings you a beautiful baby soon.
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • I'm so sorry love! My thoughts and prayers ae with you and DH! I'm glad you have a doctor that understands and is on your side!
    mommy to Lanie~5/23/06 and Brynn~2/5/08 BFP 1/20/11 emergency surgery 1/27/11 twins lost. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image imageimageimage ~*~*~PGAL/PAL Welcome~*~*~
  • So sorry for your bad news. I am glad your doctor seems supportive and proactive though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 starting Feb 2011, BFP #1:5/31/11, CP: 6/6/11; BFP #2: 7/9/11, loss confirmed 8/3 with D&C on 8/12 finding complete molar pregnancy. Forced break until Feb 2012. My blog image
  • ((hugs and donates more candy to the pile))
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • I'm sorry Delino Sad  Big ::HUGS::

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• I'm sorry. Certainly not a phone call you wanted for sure. However I am glad to hear how amazing your doctor is. That really can make all the difference. (big hugs)
  • I am so sorry to hear about your bad news. ((hugs)) I wish you the best of luck with your ivf.
    BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • *DS ticker warning* 

I'm so sorry you got that news. IVF does sound scary with all the 5 & 6+ baby families on TV, but I'm glad your MD is such a good advocate for you! Your posts are not whiny, they are definitely reasonable for what you're going through. And you deserve every piece of candy for hearing that crappy phone call on a Sunday. Good luck with IVF though & keep us updated.

DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • I'm so sorry delino.  What tough news to hear.  ((hugs))

Usually high order multiples are due to IUIs, not IVF.  At least for the most part.  No responsible doctor is going to put too many embryos in your ute (and certainly not more than you're comfortable with!!).  Depending on your age, it will likely only be 2.  Good luck!

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• (siggy)

I am so sorry. Take all the time you need to let this sink in. We are headed for IVF in the spring, most likely, so PM me if you ever need to chat.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I'm so sorry honey.
  • I am so sorry that you got this news. ((hugs))
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"