Attachment Parenting

A Hello, Update, & Vent all in one : )

Hello!!!!   I've been mainly lurking these days.  For some reason I can't post from my iPad and I haven't been on our other computer lately. 

Update: For those that remember we were having trouble with C waking up at night and screaming for no apparant reason.  I'm happy to report that we just finished week 3 of NO night time screaming!  He was falling asleep nuring or in his crib in under 5 minutes and sleeping 6 hours in his crib and another 6-8 hours in our bed....it was/is BLISS!  I am now in love with our chiro and think she may be up for saint hood Angel

Vent: My Dh left for a business trip Tuesday night and C decided that he wasn't/isn't going to go to sleep until his daddy's return...well that won't be until Sunday.  He has fought sleep every.single.nap.and.bedtime since!  Once he's asleep he's out for the night...but it is so frustrating after so much progress!  Tonight I finally climbed in his crib with him and nursed him for the 100th time tonight and he finally couldn't fight it any longer. 

I also think he might be getting sick again.  Does anyone else's LO get hives right before getting sick?  At the end of last month C broke out in hives, then 4 days later came down with croup (which of course turned into bronchitus).  They had to do a 3 day rounds of steroids and 2 weeks of a strong antibiotic since this was his 2nd time having croup and bronchitus this fall.  He now has had diaherria for 2 weeks and they think it's related to the antibiotic he finished over 2 weeks ago.  His bottom is sore, he's destroying all our cloth diapers, and they won't get the results from his stool sample until next Thursday!

So now that I write this out, I kind of feel sorry for him (and mad at myself for my unrealistic expectations).  His daddy is gone, his bottom is raw, he poops out everything he eats immediately, he is breaking out in hives and might be getting sick, not to mention that his silly mommy is insisting he doesn't change his routine despite all of this! 

I hope all you ladies are doing well!  Miss chatting more often with all of you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A Hello, Update, & Vent all in one : )

• I am so glad to hear all such good news about your chiro.  I haven't taken LO, but my chiro has been a life-changer.   I am now free from migraines, and he has given me immediate relief from two colds, an overuse injury in my wrist from carrying LO around--should've been wearing him, LOL, and even stopped pregnancy heartburn permanently.  Life is good! 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • So glad to hear sleep is improving eve if there are some set backs. I think the toughest part about sleep, other than not getting any, is that it is not linear in terms of its progression. I hope your little guy feels better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • First-- to post from your iPad, go into Settings > General > and turn JavaScript to Off. It will allow you to make/reply to posts. You will want to turn it back on when you go to other websites, though. :)

Anywho... Sorry that Coop is so miserable.  Poor guy. L had a cold this week, with a fever for three days, and definitely had some sort of rash with it. He had never gotten a rash before, so it freaked me out a little, but it didn't seem to bother him and it's gone now. Hope C gets to feeling better soon, and that you don't lose all that great sleep progress!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBlindysWife:

First-- to post from your iPad, go into Settings > General > and turn JavaScript to Off. It will allow you to make/reply to posts. You will want to turn it back on when you go to other websites, though. :)

Anywho... Sorry that Coop is so miserable.  Poor guy. L had a cold this week, with a fever for three days, and definitely had some sort of rash with it. He had never gotten a rash before, so it freaked me out a little, but it didn't seem to bother him and it's gone now. Hope C gets to feeling better soon, and that you don't lose all that great sleep progress!

I lied. It's settings > safari > JavaScript off. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"