Cloth Diapering

do OS really fit a NB?

Re: do OS really fit a NB?

• I would say no. They'll do in a pinch, and some brands fit better than others, but really they're just too big for a NB. I went with prefolds/covers until LO was big enough for her OS diapers, which was about 2-3 months. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Id say it really just depends on your baby. DS was born at 21 in and 8lbs 15oz and had chubby thighs. I used sposies for the first two weeks because we were gifted some and I didnt feel like doing any laundry lol. After that we were able to use all his OS pocket diapers as well as prefolds and covers. I had blueberry, fuzzibunz and kawaii and all fit fine, although I tend to get wicking leaks out the leg holes of the fuzzibunz even now. Definitely get some prefolds and covers because you'll be able to use those immediately regardless of size and then just try the os ones every week or so to see if they fit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Pretty much every review I've read says no.  The only one I've read that has been a yes was a youtube review for the BabyKicks, as it has a different feature than most one-sizes -- it actually can stuff/fold in on itself as well as with the snaps to make a really, teeny-tiny newborn size.  It's the only one I've evere seen able to shrink down enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbFSD-aeHp0 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxqfJ5n3AlA 

Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a Flip and it fits fine. LO was 8 lb 4 oz and 21 inches.
  • DD was 8#8, 20 1/2", and OS BG 3.0's and econobums covers fit her just fine from the time we came home from the hospital. I'm sure it depends on the baby.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • DD was born at 8lbs 11oz and her OS CDs did not fit until she was closer to 6 weeks old (about 11lbs).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"