Pregnant after IF
Options

Introduction

Hi all- I wanted to ask a question and hope this is the place since I'm not sure if this board is for infertility in general or just IVF.  I had secondary infertility and we tried for 4 years to conceive our 3rd child.  We tried all of the typical lower tech treatments with no success.   We had tried Clomid early on with no success, but a new Dr. wanted me to try again and put me on 100mg on my last cycle.  In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's SA results, which showed only 2% normal morphology and we were told that moving to IVF was pretty much our only option.  After lots of discussion, we decided that IVF was not for us financially because we are only a few years away from paying for college for our oldest DD. Low and behold we got a BFP a week later with our natural clomid cycle!  My betas were 67 at 10 dpo and 1300 at 18 dpo.

Now, I'm 6 days away from my 1st ultrasound and everyone I meet or hear about is having twins from clomid cycles.  The Dr. Told us that Clomid only increased the chance of twins by 5%.  Just wondering if anyone here has a singleton or multiples from a Clomid cycle?  We live in LA and the idea of two daycare bills makes me nervous and just wondering if those stats play out in the real world.  

Thanks and sorry this was so long! 

Photobucket Expecting #3/4 after a long battle with infertility. Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Introduction

• Options
    I did not get pregnant from clomid but wanted to say congrats :-) I am also 4w6d today!
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have advice regarding clomid... but wanted to say Congrats.
    ***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! H&H 9 months!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Were you being monitored while on clomid to know how many mature follicles you had? Some people will have only 1 mature follice, some will have more than one. There are also many ladies who had multiple mature follicles and became pregnant with a singleton. I don't know for sure, but I think 5% seems pretty accurate. I think there was a disucussion about this not too long ago (back when I was just a lurker!).

Congrats on your pregnancy, and welcome!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! I did a natural clomid cycle too. That was my first question at the u/s - there's only one in there, right? Yep, there was only one. I am 16 weeks now. Good luck to you! Smile

MC Sept '10, MC Dec '10, DS born 2012

Clomid + TI = BFP #1 March '13, MC April '13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #1 = BFP #2 10/21/13, MC 10/31/13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #2 = BFP #3 1/16/14, ectopic w/ heartbeat & rt salpingectomy 1/29/14

IVF #1 - ER 5/9/14 transfer cx'd due to high P4

FET #1 -  6/26/14 transferred 1 AA blast BFP!! Beta #1 13dp5dt - 1548 Beta #2 15dp5dt - 2748 Beta #3 18dp5dt - 7586

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the welcome!   It wasn't a monitored cycle because we abandoned the original plan because of my husband's bad SA results.  Guess I've just got to hang on 'til my ultrasound on Friday! Good to hear there are others with singletons on here that used Clomid though. I feel so silly laying awake at night (terrible insomnia) alternating between worrying about miscarriage and worrying about twins.  I know it'll all work out in the end anyway, no matter what happens.

Photobucket Expecting #3/4 after a long battle with infertility. Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"