Natural Birth

Should I have an all natrual birth?

This is my third pregnancy. I am not due until January 26th and I am having a boy. With my first born I had a lot of drugs. With my second born they stuck me 7 times for the epidural, they kept hitting my right side nerves. My question to all of you second, third, or even fourth time Moms is should I have a natural birth or should I just go with IV medication and no epidural?

Re: Should I have an all natrual birth?

• That's really a question only you can answer.  How did you feel about your first two experiences?  What about them would you change?  It could be next time you'll have an epi no problem, does that sound like your ideal situation? 

I've heard IV narcotics can make you groggy/loopy/tired/etc. but really don't do much for the pain.  I wouldn't want them for that reason alone.  I had two med free births and had wonderful experiences, but that's what I was hoping for and I was able to prepare and have DH ready to help me through as well.  Since I don't have a medicated birth to compared mine too, I can't say how the experiences would differ, but I loved how I felt after both births and I don't think I would have felt the same way coming off an epi or narcotics.

Good luck with your decision!

imageimage 
  • Well......my third was relatively quick (laboured for a day, but only 2 hours of it was hard labour....for the rest of it, I was busy taking care of my other 2 children), so I would just tell you to "wait and see."   Don't plan it right now.  There is no point...... just start preparing for med-free and know your options.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gone natural two times now.  We think we want a third child in a couple years, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  To me there is so much less risk and discomfort associated with med free births.  All of the "horror" birth stories I've ever heard have always had several types of intervention.  I highly encourage you to learn more about it and strongly consider it.  Remember, your body was designed to do this! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Although I had a challenging natural birth the first time around, I never even considered not doing it again.  

No one can tell you what to do, but I can say that if you really want a natural birth you need to be prepared.  Yes, some people do go in without a plan and are able to give birth naturally, but they are the exception, not the rule.  

GL 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Thank you ladies for your opinions. You have helped me to figure out what I should do, which is to mostly wait and see what happens. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"