Parenting after a Loss

Help, Apple people!?

Our niece got an ipod and an email address for her 8th birthday.  We were planning on getting her an itunes gift card to send to her email on her ipod so she could download music and stuff.  Stupid husband didn't want to mail a physical card and said we'll do it online.  You know, technology is good, right?

Okay, so it appears the only way to get an email-able digital gift card is to buy it through the itunes store.  I downloaded itunes.  Fine. 

These 2 things are effing me up:

It says I have to have an apple id to buy something!?  I put in an email address to sign up, now I have to get an apple id?

It says in bold, "Gift Certificates can only be redeemed in the store in which they were created."  I have to create a store? Are there different stores?

WTF?

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help, Apple people!?

• Honestly? Just buy a gift card, give her or her parents (via email/telephone whatever) the code on that card to enter on their device.

WAY easier.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I agree with SMACE. Buying the card sounds easier. I don't know what it means by store if you are buying online.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  You are right.  I'll just do it the old fashioned way and run to Walgreen's tonight.  Good excuse for a re-do on my crappy Sonic Diet Coke with Chocolate.  (I had one earlier during happy hour and it was a total disgrace).
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"