Preemies
Options

Holy weight gain!

We went to the pediatrician yesterday for the twin's 4 month visit.  When we were there last month, they weighed in at 5lb9oz and 6lb1oz.  This time they were 8lb14oz and 10lb10.5oz!!!!  We noticed they gained a lot of weight (they are growing like weeds out of their newborn clothes), but we weren't expecting that much!  In a month, it seems like a ton of weight to me, and I asked their doctor if we should be concerned.  He said, "yes and no".  He said we should watch not to give them too much more than what they are taking (around 5oz per bottle) and that we'll keep an eye on it.  He mentioned the concern for them to be overweight.  I couldn't believe my ears...my 1lb14oz and 2lb4oz babies-----overweight?!?!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Holy weight gain!

• Options

LOL - we had a maitenance man when T was in NICU who was probably almost 400 lbs and he kept telling me about how he was a preemie, too (1lb + few oz) and how back then they didn't sell clothes that fit so his mom used doll clothes and those flip-flop keychains.

DON'T WORRY! I just had to tell you that cuz I was like whahhh - is he just trying to be nice? make me not worry?

Congrats - I think the weight gain is grand!

• Options
    I lurk but never chime in (I just couldn't chime in with a 36 weeker when a lot of you have 25 and what not). But anyways DS2 was 3lbs 15oz and he is now almost 3.5 and weighs 60lbs. His weight and height put his BMI as overweight. but he's not like Maury Povich big, he is our line backer in training. lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageurbanflowerpot:

LOL - we had a maitenance man when T was in NICU who was probably almost 400 lbs and he kept telling me about how he was a preemie, too (1lb + few oz) and how back then they didn't sell clothes that fit so his mom used doll clothes and those flip-flop keychains.

DON'T WORRY! I just had to tell you that cuz I was like whahhh - is he just trying to be nice? make me not worry?

Congrats - I think the weight gain is grand!

Funny!  My husband and I were just joking about what if our kids grow up to be 600lbs and tell people that they used to be 2lbs or under!  I'm trying not to worry.  I'm telling myself they are playing catch up and are weight gainer over achievers.  :-)  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

How funny!  That's great to hear they are catching up so fast.  I like to say they are "making up for lost time"!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"