Postpartum Depression

Weight Gain with Meds

How many of you gained weight if you went on an SSRI? (ie, paxil, prozac, zoloft, lexapro, celexa)  I have a feeling I will be prescribed one as wellbutrin in the past really didn't do much good for me in the long run, and worried about how the SSRI will affect my appetite.  I have more time to think about it, as I've not made any  appts yet.  It is so difficult to pin down my DH to watch my DD so I can have a baby free appt- which I guess leads to the question of do you bring your baby to your appts and how well does that go?
image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Weight Gain with Meds

• I'm on Zoloft.  I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost that last 15 pounds either (.. but that may be because I'm not putting in the effort to exercize or resist cookies)

I haven't had to take my DD to an appointment, but I hope they would be understanding at the office

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I never gained weight on SSRI's (zoloft, celexa, lexapro), but DID gain weight on the tricyclics (clompipramine) and Seroquel. I've gained 20 lbs and can't get it off, no matter what I try. I'm even on Pristiq and Wellbutrin (known for weight loss) but still nothing. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"