Toronto Babies
Options

Any Downtown Condo Moms?

I live right smack downtown and love it.  I can't imagine living anywhere else and decided that at least for the first 2 years, I'll like to raise my baby in the city (I'm not pregnant yet by the way).  I have a 2 bedroom condo that is around 1500 sqft so plenty of space and there is a nice park nearby.

Now of course, this is not very common because I don't exactly see strollers everyday and most of my mommy friends have moved to the burbs so I would love to hear from you and the pros/cons of living in the city with babies! 

By "downtown" I'm referring to inside the boundaries of Bathurst, Bloor, DVP to the Waterfront.

Re: Any Downtown Condo Moms?

• Options

Sort of! He's not here yet so I can't tell you anything about being downtown with a baby, but I've just moved into DF's 520 sq ft one-bedroom condo and it is already not even big enough for the two of us! I am dreading the 3 months Owen will be crammed into the little place with us until we move back to London in May. I'm loving being downtown (there are tons of mommy-and-me classes available which are all within walking distance, going for walks is infinitely more interesting, not cooking doesn't make me feel guilty because anything we could possibly want is so close!) but I'm definitely missing my space. I'm also not loving the drunken singing at 3 am, haha.

I'll let you know in February what it's like to have a baby downtown, hopefully it's not as hard as I anticipate it to be!

• Options
    Hi, We just moved to toronto and live downtown. I love the city and we are fine just the two of us (husband and I) in a one bedroom but we are expecting. It is still the first trimester but I am nervous. We just signed a year's lease. I live near the YMCA near College Park and so I see strollers all the time and Daycare's everywhere. Ciao
    MaNgcongo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"