January 2011 Moms

Are you going to go crazy with Christmas presents?

I was thinking about this today as I ordered LO a $50 dollar Rocking Giraffe.

I figure I will spend maybe another 50, or less on a new toy or two, and I could probably wrap up a box of cheerios, because those are baby crack to her. I know she is going to get overloaded from my parents, inlaws, sisters, and H's sib's.  No sense in going crazy.

What is your plan?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are you going to go crazy with Christmas presents?

• Not to mention their bdays are in the vicinity.

When she is older I have a list of questions to ask her, starting with:

"Your due date was the end of January. I know you were itching to meet your awesome mother and all, but January 4th...really?! "

Silly baby ;-)

• I bought a few toys and I'm putting money in her account.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have some pretty specific toys picked out for her almost all of which I have already bought.  The only thing I have left that I want to get her is an activity table/cube.   I am trying to find one at a good price.  I am stalking ebay.

I'm not doing a birthday party for her but my folks and siblings are coming over.  We aren't doing any presents but I have asked everyone to contribute something to her time capsule.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We'll get her stuff for her stocking, probably some books and some cars (she's all about wheels atm).

I'm anticipating being completely dazed by the amount of stuff we're going to get from family this year.  And we're doing her birthday in January just to give ourselves some breathing room!

• imageMarSamWhitney:

I was thinking about this today as I ordered LO a $50 dollar Rocking Giraffe.

I figure I will spend maybe another 50, or less on a new toy or two, and I could probably wrap up a box of cheerios, because those are baby crack to her. I know she is going to get overloaded from my parents, inlaws, sisters, and H's sib's.  No sense in going crazy.

What is your plan?

FWIW, DD loves her and grins and squeals like a crazy person everytime she's on it. I'm W will go crazy over it!

I think most of DD's gifts will be smaller stocking stuffers with a couple bigger toys. We has 3 sets of grandparents, so I'm sure they will spoil her rotten. For her birthday I'm thinking of getting her a toy box to house her growing collection of toys.

Also, whenever I'm buy her clothes (on cleanrance, in bigger sizes) I usually just wash them and put them in her closet. I've started putting those aside and will consider those gifts as well. She needs to know early that it's not ALL about the toys :p

• Not crazy. Got her three toys and will get some stocking stuffers. With her birthday less than two weeks after Christmas, I didn't want to overdo it.
  • It will be hard not to go crazy...but i'm going to try and have some self control. He loves books, so I will get him a few more of those. Maybe an anywhere chair. That would our big ticket item. Anything else we will probably put on his list for our parents and family.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oops forgot I got the anywhere chair already too.  Who am I kidding, I will end up going overboard. 
  • DD's birthday is Dec 28 so we are getting her one big gift for both and that's it. We live in an apt and I don't want to buy a ton of stuff because we really do NOT have the space... no joke plus everyone at her party will bring gifts and so on.
  • Yes, like Rouens said it'll be hard not to. We are making a playroom for him so hopefully we can just fill it up! And with 3 sets of grandparents and a birthday 12 days later I'm sure it'll look like Toys R Us threw up in my house. But oh well! It's only the first Christmas once :)

I will probably try to get fewer toys and more functional items for the room though now that I think about it (bookshelves, table/chairs, I like anywhere chair idea, a crawl through tent etc. - within age guidelines of course). Oh yeah, I want to do his bedroom over too so maybe I'll squeeze some stuff in for that too somewhere. AAAGGGHHHH LOL

• I am trying to practice self-restraint but who am I kidding- I love Christmas and buying stuff for my kids.  I already have a stack of toys for LO hidden in my closet.  My parents will buy him a ton of stuff as well as all of the aunts& uncles. 

Then to turn around and deal with his birthday less than 2 weeks later.

• I am not even going to lie -- I will more than likely go crazy.  I always say that I am not, but usually fail.  DD and SD have had some great Christmases and birthdays.  I can't slight my son, now can I?  That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.  LOL!

• imageRHitch:
    I am not even going to lie -- I will more than likely go crazy.  I always say that I am not, but usually fail.  DD and SD have had some great Christmases and birthdays.  I can't slight my son, now can I?  That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.  LOL!

hahaha

• imageRHitch:
    I am not even going to lie -- I will more than likely go crazy.  I always say that I am not, but usually fail.  DD and SD have had some great Christmases and birthdays.  I can't slight my son, now can I?  That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.  LOL!

I was going back and forth about the Giraffe being 50 dollars. It was 55 % off, and a good price upon researching. Then it hit me...every Christmas we buy SS a 50 dollar video game, why the heck am I questioning a Giraffe Rocker?! lol

Thats how I justified it.

• I wouldn't say that I am going to go crazy, but I am getting him the same amount of stuff that I will probably get him at any other age.  I know people say they won't remember, but I will remember.  And, I am really excited for his first Christmas and have things in mind that I would like him to have.  That being said, I am scared that our families are going to go crazy and we will need to move into a bigger home. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"