Baby Showers

thank you note question

I have received several gifts shipped to my home a few weeks prior to the baby shower. When would it be appropriate to send a thank you? Right away or wait a few weeks until after the shower when I will see these friends...?

Re: thank you note question

• I always think it is best to send a thank you card right away. It lets the person know that you received the gift and didn't get lost in the mail. Last thing you want is them calling you asking if you got the gift or not! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageslyrose123:
    I always think it is best to send a thank you card right away. It lets the person know that you received the gift and didn't get lost in the mail. Last thing you want is them calling you asking if you got the gift or not! 

This!

Proper wedding etiquette states that a TY should be sent w/in 2 weeks of receiving a gift before the wedding and w/in a month if it's received at or after the wedding.  I know a baby shower isn't a wedding but it's still good advice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally I'd want to get it out ASAP just so I didn't have to "remember" to do it later.  You can always thank the people in person when you physically see them.

Hmmm...I thought proper etiquette for after a wedding was within a year.  I know I've never received a thank you as soon as a month after.  Maybe I just have lazy relatives/friends.  ha

• I sent thankyous out as soon as I recieved the gifts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmmm.  i guess I'm a little different from PP.

My plan is to send out ALL thank you cards a few days after my shower.  I've only gotten one gift in the mail so far, and I sent my aunt a quick thank you text/email to confirm that I got it.  I'm going to send her a nice snail mail card when I do all of the thank you cards at the same time post-shower.

• I try to send out the thank you immediately Big Smile
  • Just be careful not to include anything like "sorry you can't make it to the shower" (unless they say so in their card) because I did that for someone who ended up showing up.  They just sent the gift to our house so we wouldn't have to lug it home.  Oops!
  • I'd send them out right away if I were you, if only to get them out of the way before you are inundated w/having to send out a lot more in the days/wks following your shower.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I send it out immediately.  I don't see the sense in waiting.  The date of the shower is kind of irrelevant.  IMHO
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"