August 2011 Moms
Options

All this talk about baby food -- A poll

I'm curious to see everyone's plans. If you're a second + time mom, let us know in a response what you did with your other little ones.

I have my MIL who exclusively breast fed all her kids for 18 months with no other foods introduced and then I have my mom and sister who both introduced food very early, around 4 months. I'm inclined to find a place in the middle.

[Poll]
Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
imageimage

Re: All this talk about baby food -- A poll

• Options
    My doctor said you have to introduce rice cereal at 6 months because breastmilk is low in iron and at 6 months their iron needs jump. I am assuming she knows...but I never want her to grow up so it makes me sad! LOL!
  • Options

imagebradandkatie:
    My doctor said you have to introduce rice cereal at 6 months because breastmilk is low in iron and at 6 months their iron needs jump. I am assuming she knows...but I never want her to grow up so it makes me sad! LOL!

Or you could just give her vitamins.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSarahPLiz:

imagebradandkatie:

Or you could just give her vitamins.  

Didn't think about that one! Maybe I'll ask about that at the next appointment, as an option at least! Thanks!

• Options
    My pedi said he recommends most people introduce it around 4 months... so we'll see what he says when we go back for our 4 month appt.!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our pediatrician said we would probably want to start introducing baby foods around 4 months, unless he was still staying satisfied with formula, then we would wait until 6 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I will probably introduce food @ 5-6 months, which is what I did with my other two LOs, particularly when he starts showing an interest in food.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    will most likey start around 4 months like i did ds1.  He was a big eater and ds2 is looking to be that way too... he is starting to polish off 7oz bottles...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSusan&Skip:
    will most likey start around 4 months like i did ds1.  He was a big eater and ds2 is looking to be that way too... he is starting to polish off 7oz bottles...

I was wondering about this. I wasn't planning on introducing cereal until 5 and a half months, then solids at 6, but DS eats 6 oz bottles every 3 hours and I don't know if my supply can keep up with him for 3 more months. Of course, we could just supplement with formula, but I need to talk to our pedi about the pros and cons. Obviously I haven't decided/done as much research as I would like.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I ran into an old co-worker whose daughter had a baby a few weeks earlier than me, my co-worker mentioned that her daughter started feeding her LO baby food a few weeks ago.  I asked if her pedi said it was okay and she said that her daughter didn't consult with him.  My old co-worker just shrugged and said "I am from the old school where it's just formula at this age".  Yeah duh, that isn't old school, it's what you are supposed to do.  I just stood there in shock. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm planning on EBF until 6 months, then starting solids. DH has some pretty severe food allergies, and delaying solids until 6 months has been shown to reduce food allergies. We will also delay eggs and tree nuts (the foods DH is allergic to) for a couple years, or however long our allergist suggests.
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • Options
    I'm waiting till DS is 6 months adjusted age which will be more like when he's 7 1/2 months old.  Also I have a severe food allergy too (to wheat) so we are going to wait till 1 year on that.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about doing BLW.
  • Options

imagemeasrn:

We will do baby-led weaning too.  Wanted to do it with DS1, but his birth defect pushed us in another direction.

We will go for at least 9 months of EBF though, maybe longer. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:

imagemeasrn:

We will do baby-led weaning too.  Wanted to do it with DS1, but his birth defect pushed us in another direction.

We will go for at least 9 months of EBF though, maybe longer. 

This is our plan. I'm hoping to EBF for one year. We'll see.

Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
    imageimage
  • Options

imagemeasrn:

I'm interested in this too, but haven't even started to really look into it.  Which sources are you looking at? 

• Options
    everything Ive heard and read says six months so thats my plan
  • Options

imagejfgates05:
    My pedi said he recommends most people introduce it around 4 months... so we'll see what he says when we go back for our 4 month appt.!

Where did you get this adorable onesie....I keep seeing them??

Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"