Detroit Babies

Cider Mills / Apple Orchards

What's your favorite in the metro Detroit area?? 

Re: Cider Mills / Apple Orchards

• I like Yates if I'm just looking for cider and donuts.  I like to go to Millers if I'm looking to pick apples.  They're similar to Blake's, but not quite as big, so they don't seem to get as crazy.  Noah's preschool is going to Westview next week, so I'm excited to check them out.  I've been wanting to go for a while now

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We always go to Blakes.  

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Blakes Orchard & Cider Mill on Armada Center Rd in Armada also another nice one is Westview Orchard & Cider Mill on 30 Mile & Van *** Rd in Washington Twp.
  • I agree, we always have a good time at Blakes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Obstbaum Orchards in Salem is my #1 favorite, followed by Plymouth Orchards and Erwins.  Erwins is crazy busy though which makes it less enjoyable on the weekends.  Obstbaum is only open Sat & Sun and is very small and low key, but they have U Pick Apples, hayrides, etc.  Much more intimate and I love it.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • I like Parmenters in Northville, Erwins in South Lyon, Plymouth Orchards & Franklin Cider mill
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • LOVED Yates!  We went there this weekend. Cider and Donuts were superb and DS loved the petting zoo.  It wasn't ridiculously crowded which I was expecting since Saturday was such a nice day.  DS got tired so we did not get a chance to do pony rides or walk the trails by the water.
  • We go to Blakes every year and love it. We've also been to Yates and enjoyed it too.

One place i love going just on a week day or a quick stop on the weekends is Franklin Cider Mill. It isn't an apple orchard but their cider/donuts are Delicious!! 

• Yates for cider & donuts, and Brookwood for apple picking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• So far, Westview, or Ruby Tree Farms (haven't been there in a decade, though!)
  • Does anyone know what kinds of apples they have to pick at Miller's?  And, how are the donuts and cider there?
  • Longs in Commerce Township or Spicer's in Fenton :o)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • So far we've gone to Yates (way too busy on a weekend) and Three Cedar Farms out in Northville - very fun for a 2 year old.  Hay rides, cool playground area with ride-on tractor toys.  Petting farm just so-so though.   And then we went to Upland Hills Farm in Oxford.  This one was very cool too.  Lots of space, real working farm with hay ride, farm animals, pony rides, magic show and playarea.  This one was probably the most fun.  I guess we like the farms more than the actual cider mill/apple orchard.  : )  So many choices though. I love this time of year.  Seems like there is more to do than in the summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"