Natural Birth

Possibly found someone who will deliver breech!

I have been dreading having an external version because of the risk factors, but no matter what I have tried this baby is not flipping.  My sister-in-law recommended a homebirth midwife to me who does breeches. I talked to her, and she is pretty booked for November but said she is willing to be my "Plan C".  She gave me the name of a midwife who she highly recommends (she said she is the most experienced with breech out of any other midwives near me because she has so many Amish clients).  I called the recommended midwife and I am going to see her this afternoon.  She seemed incredibly open to taking me on as a client this late in the game and I felt immediately comfortable with her on the phone.  I will probably still go for my consultation with the Dr. about the ECV on monday just so I can properly weigh my options.  I am just so relieved to have options.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Possibly found someone who will deliver breech!

• Yes My grandmother (who was quite a small woman) gave birth to my mom breech and w/o pain meds!  Best wishes for a great birth!
  • Lucky you! We only have one DR who will deliver breech in our town, so that would throw out any homebirth plans. I have the impression my midwife is just not comfortable with it which is fair enough. I know there is plenty of time for my LO to move, but I do get frustrated with feeling his/her head everywhere BUT down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • My midwife also was uncomfortable with attending my breech birth at home, which was okay with me. I REALLY wanted a home birth but we ended up finding a doctor an hour and a half away that would deliver my son vaginally. I'm so thankful that I was able to experience giving birth and was not forced into a c-section. You are very lucky to have access to a midwife that is experienced in breech home deliveries!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Midwives aren't allowed to deliver breech babies in AZ.  All that I interviewed said it was illegal.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just read the replys to this on the November Birth Board and wow are some people close minded. Of course I can understand their concerns but the way some come across is ignorant and judgemental.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The statistics are for every 8000 breech vaginal deliveries, 1 baby will die. That is why doctors stopped doing breech. I am pro choice, as long as you know the facts, with an experienced provider, that's the risk you take. It's up to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"