April 2011 Moms
Options

Need help with pics and input

So, for as much as I've posted, I've never posted a pic because I don't know how, and don't really want to learn.

That said, I have overbought cloth diapers, and some have to go.  Some of the ones I want to sell are pretty worn, so I don't want to sell them without pictures.  In a perfect world, I'll just post them in the FSOT post on the CD board and be done (by the way, it's 19 Bagshot Row Bamboos, in case you're interested ;)  ) 

Anyhow, can someone tell me the best way to go about getting pics of these diapers off my camera and onto the internet?  I need to know about what service to use (what about maybe my FB page?), and also the best way to PIP with 19 dipes.  Seems a little nuts to take a pic of each dipe individually, but I want people to be able to see each print, etc.  Is there a way to take the pic, and then post it so that people can click on it to blow it up? 

Also, for you CD mamas, I'm feeling so confused about how to price these things.  It looks like shipping could run towards like $30.  Do I up the price of the dipes to cover it?  Do I just eat the cost?  Make the buyer pay?  Ahhh!  I'm on information overload.  

Oh goodness, I sound like an idiot.  Oh well.  I guess I don't mind if you guys know the truth about me!  Someone please help me out!

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: Need help with pics and input

• Options

As a CD mama myself, I totally understand how easy it would be to buy too many.  I see posts like this and I have to talk myself out of trying to buy them, because I have a few too many myself.

For the pictures, I would recommend including a few diapers per picture.  That way you can see the individual patterns, but not have to take 19 individual pictures.  Once you have your pictures, save them onto your computer and go to tinypic (you can do a google search).  Tinypic will have you select your photo off the computer, select a size for the photo and upload it, then it will give you several codes to use.  You cut and paste the message board code into your post.

As for shipping.  I would charge for shipping.  You know the rate for if you sell all 19 of them to the same person.  If you sell them in groups, you can probably use flat rate shipping boxes from usps and charge that amount.

Even if you don't sell the diapers on this board, would you post a couple of pics?  I want to see these cute diapers, cause I'm crazy like that!

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

I take group pictures of about 8-10 and post them.  I always add postage to the price and list it like "$13 ppd"

There is a a Face book group as well that is all about selling trading Cloth Diapers, it moves pretty fast and you will probably get more traffic there then here. Here is the link.  Its not a business just another place to sell your CDs with out fees like some other sites.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClothDiaperSwap/

Where ever you post these if someone wants an individual picture they will ask.  Upload them to on line sites like tinypic or photobucket and then copy the url and paste.

Good luck!! 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know if it works this way for everyone, but to post a pic, I have to "grab" the code (Flickr is what I use) and then paste it into the HTML window. You just click on the little HTML icon, and a new window opens up.

I paste it in there, and then usually add:

<br>

<br>

after it to create some space. Those are line breaks in HTML.

Then click the "update" button, and that window will close, then hit the "post" button here like on a regular post.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks to each of you!  Twirple, I will gladly post pics here.  They are so darn cute.  DH just isn't a great fan, so these are the ones to go.  Turns out, he really like the Goodmamas.  Of course, go and fall in love with the most expensive diaper I own.  GHBEA, thanks for the FB page.  That sounds appealing.  And the advice about the costs.  Sounds like you've done this before.  Shaindel, the formatting advice is exactly what I need.  I hate it when people post pics, and they aren't formatted correctly. 

You guys are great!  Tomorrow: pictures!  

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"