Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

adoption?

Is anyone thinking about adoption?  DH and I actually seriously considered it before we tried to conceive as it is just something that we both have always been open to.  We decided to have a biological baby first and then adopt after that.  Unfortunately, things did not quite work out like we had planned so now we are thinking of maybe just moving forward with adopting.  Just wondering if anyone else has thought about adoption.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: adoption?

• Options
    I have always thought about adopting too!  I wanted to have a biological baby and then maybe in the future adopt.  I think it's a wonderful thing.  I've heard that it can be difficult and can cost a lot of money.  Now that his miscarriage has happened, I think that maybe it will be something we need to consider sooner than later.  I do think it's great though.   I would love to hear from people about what the process is like.  
  • Options
    We are definitely open to adopting...I would really love to someday even if we're able to have our own. I think for me it will probably become the leading option if we're still having issues when I turn 40 (15 months from now).
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    my dad was adopted (he has a younger brother who wasn't adopted), so i've always been open to the idea. when i was younger, i thought that would be the way i had a kid for sure, but i guess over the years the idea of making a mini us has grown on me... i must be getting more vain (but i like to think i just love my fiance a bunch!) i've heard it's very difficult and expensive though - and i'm not sure how thrilled they'd be to let us a adopt: i'm still in school, and my fiance would barely make enough to support all of us if i didn't get a post-doc or prof position down the road. but it's definitely on the table if for whatever reason we're sans children when we're more established. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageVineyardMel:
    We are definitely open to adopting...I would really love to someday even if we're able to have our own. I think for me it will probably become the leading option if we're still having issues when I turn 40 (15 months from now).

I'm sorry you're how old?!! Mel! You look about 22 in those pics. LOL! Not that 40 is old, I'm not exactly 20 myself... ;)

PS - I STILL cannot figure out how to quote properly, why are my posts showing up INSIDE the quotes. Someone help a girl out... ha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've definitely thought about it -- but am pretty scared about the cost and potential unknowns like open/closed adoption, all the options, etc. etc. I think we'll TTC at least one more time and see how it goes first. 

• Options
    imagebabyquestnortheast:

imageVineyardMel:

I'm sorry you're how old?!! Mel! You look about 22 in those pics. LOL! Not that 40 is old, I'm not exactly 20 myself... ;)

PS - I STILL cannot figure out how to quote properly, why are my posts showing up INSIDE the quotes. Someone help a girl out... ha.

Oh...you are NICE and my new favorite Bumpie! ;)  And your quote here looks right. 

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

• Options

imageVineyardMel:

Oh...you are NICE and my new favorite Bumpie! ;)  And your quote here looks right. 

Your fav Bumpie is ALSO a fellow Texas girl! All good things come from Texas - duh. ;)

• Options
    imagebabyquestnortheast:

imageVineyardMel:

Your fav Bumpie is ALSO a fellow Texas girl! All good things come from Texas - duh. ;)

Just sent you a private message...and found the one you sent me yesterday. :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"