Eco-Friendly Family

Cloth Post-Partum Pads?

Any recommendations for cloth menstrual pads for those super heavy days postpartum?  I saw FuzziBuns sells a line of one-piecers, while the DivaCup people sell Luna Pads which come in two pieces. Based on that info alone I might want to go with the FB brand, but what has your experience been?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cloth Post-Partum Pads?

• I have no PP experience yet, but I had "dysfunctional uterine bleeding" or whatever they call it now, where every so often my uterus would decide to re-enact the Saint Valentine's Massacre in my underwear when Aunt Flo visited. I found that the night time Party In My Pants were very effective.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used homestead emporium and found them to be well made, comfortable, and adequately absorbent. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite are essence of eve from hyena cart.  Thin, comfortable, effective, and affordable for building up your stash.

https://hyenacart.com/theessenceofeve/

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • I have no postpartum expereince yet, but i have had amazing luck with the diva cup. it can be awkward at first, but don't give up, you'll figure it out.

i don't like wearing it at night though, so i have purchased some cloth pads (some from ebay & some from etsy). the ones that work best (for me anyway) are the ones with "zorb" in them.

good luck.

imageimage
  • my favorites are from Homestead Emporium. second favorites are from Essence of Eve. both of these are on Hyena Cart.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageFLsteph7:

I have no postpartum expereince yet, but i have had amazing luck with the diva cup. it can be awkward at first, but don't give up, you'll figure it out.

i don't like wearing it at night though, so i have purchased some cloth pads (some from ebay & some from etsy). the ones that work best (for me anyway) are the ones with "zorb" in them.

good luck.

This is advice from someone who has no postpartum experience as you can't put anything up there for at least a few weeks no divacups allowed postpartum.  The other problem would be the amount of fluid no divacup is holding it in even if you could use it.  I'm making my own for postpartum I'm taking my own overnight pad pattern and going to make it a little thicker.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• imageBlackvelvet:
    imageFLsteph7:

I have no postpartum experience yet, but i have had amazing luck with the diva cup. it can be awkward at first, but don't give up, you'll figure it out.

good luck.

This is advice from someone who has no postpartum experience as you can't put anything up there for at least a few weeks no divacups allowed postpartum.  The other problem would be the amount of fluid no divacup is holding it in even if you could use it.  I'm making my own for postpartum I'm taking my own overnight pad pattern and going to make it a little thicker.

Hi thanks. in my original post i said "I have no postpartum experience yet" so thanks for restating. that being said i'm not a complete idiot, obviously you couldn't actually use the divacup for those initial weeks. i was simply making a statement about the divacup.  OP- good luck with whatever you end up with.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"