August 2011 Moms
Options

Freaking out!!!

So I live in Central PA and they are bracing for our first Winter storm!!!!  My area is expected to get 6-8 inched of wet, heavy snow!!!  The news keeps talking about this because their is a high likelyhood of down power lines.....and all I can keep thinking about is the power going out and unthawing the 800oz of breast milk in my freezer!!! I've seen posts of moms loosing their stash and I think i am going to be on edge until this storm is over!  I think this is going to be a long winter.........
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Freaking out!!!

• Options

I am not even BF but the thought of winter with LO.  If the power goes out the cold, all the extra stuff while on ice me trying to stay upward (I am not very Graceful!) (I was a fall risk when  I had LO because I had fallen during prenacy..lol)  I am sure we will all make it. 

Maybe get a big cooler?  IDK but that would def suck!  Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

Don't panic. I cant really say how much strength the storm will gain before it hits y'all, but if it's as "powerful" as it was when it came through here (I'm in CO), it's gonna be pretty underwhelming. We were expecting 6-10 inches of snow in the city overnight, and "if it parks itself over the SW corner of the state, the upslope could give us up to 15 inches." I was expecting to wake up to a winter wonderland and a crappy commute on Wednesday morning. Yeah, we got, like, 2 inches. And the roads were just wet. And they dried themselves out by the time I drove home at 4pm.

With any luck, it stays that weak for you too. Smile My fingers are crossed for you!

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Cental CT here... I just put 10 oz in the freezer from my last pumping. I said "I hope you make it" when I closed the freezer door.

Sigh..... I hate loosing power with LO. I EP so I have a battery backup for the pump but H will be outside in the snow warming up water on the BBQ to warm LO's bottles.

Stupid early winter storm Super Angry

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Don't panic. I cant really say how much strength the storm will gain before it hits y'all, but if it's as "powerful" as it was when it came through here (I'm in CO), it's gonna be pretty underwhelming. We were expecting 6-10 inches of snow in the city overnight, and "if it parks itself over the SW corner of the state, the upslope could give us up to 15 inches." I was expecting to wake up to a winter wonderland and a crappy commute on Wednesday morning. Yeah, we got, like, 2 inches. And the roads were just wet. And they dried themselves out by the time I drove home at 4pm.

With any luck, it stays that weak for you too. Smile My fingers are crossed for you!

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If its cold enough to snow and the power goes out, maybe move your freezer outside ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Don't worry about a power outage, unless it's for a few days. Keep the freezer closed, and most things will last 48 hours+. They really take quite a long time to defrost, and most places will have power return in a few hours at the most. Just remember: Keep the door closed!

Also, winter power outages really don't matter, because you can just put things outside to keep them cold. 

I'm in Western MA, so I'll be braving the snow with you. Our forecasters suck, so I'm not too stressed about it. Our ice this morning is what they should've warned us about. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My DH would be using it as an excuse to buy a generator.  He's always wanted one for some reason... GL through the storm!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

This won't help with this frist storm since there won't be a lot of snow I am guessing, but if your power does go out this winter you can fill a cooler with snow and keep the BM on ice until the power comes back on Stick out tongue Storm advice from a California girl so take it with one of the grains of salt you will use to de-ice your driveway.

Good luck and I hope your stash survives the winter!

• Options
    imageSarahRuthG:

Cental CT here... I just put 10 oz in the freezer from my last pumping. I said "I hope you make it" when I closed the freezer door.

Sigh..... I hate loosing power with LO. I EP so I have a battery backup for the pump but H will be outside in the snow warming up water on the BBQ to warm LO's bottles.

Stupid early winter storm Super Angry

I'm in central CT, too, and I'm hoping that this winter is not like the last one!
  • Options
    I'm so jealous about the snow. I love winter! But I'll cross my fingers that your stash makes it through the storm unscathed. 
  • Options

fill some zip lock bags full of water and put them in the freezer...pack it up tight, they will freeze up and than make sure you keep the door shut

and btw im freaking out too....llive in massachusetts and suppose to get 6-12 inches here! its freaking oct...trick or treaking is gonna suck in snow

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"