Maryland Babies
Options

s/o Halloween - Where are you taking your wee ones?

We have plans to walk or drive DS around to some of our favorite neighbors in his little costume - does anyone have plans to take their 1-ish year olds anywhere else?
lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: s/o Halloween - Where are you taking your wee ones?

• Options
    Our plan was to do the trunk or treat an DNephew's school. 

We never lived in a neighboorhood, so when we were small my parents did "the circuit" of Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles. They all lived within a few minutes of each other. Unfortuntaely Evie's grandparents both live an hour away in different directions, so that won't work for us.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageweezie825:
    Our plan was to do the trunk or treat an DNephew's school. 

We never lived in a neighboorhood, so when we were small my parents did "the circuit" of Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles. They all lived within a few minutes of each other. Unfortuntaely Evie's grandparents both live an hour away in different directions, so that won't work for us.

This is exactly what got me thinking.  My parents used to take me on the same circuit and everyone lived within the same ~2 mile radius.  We have a small handful of neighbors that we'd like to visit - but our family is too spread out to try to do those visits.

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rags - I sent you an email w/ some HoCo Halloween activities.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH and I are in the process of buying my parents house, so we won't living in a neighborhood anytime soon.  Eventually we'll probably go the Halloween party route.  I'm not a fan of going to a random neighborhood to let DD Trick or Treat.  I'm way too paranoid.  

FWIW I had intended to try and host a Halloween themed Bumpie playdate, but once 1st tri m/s hit I wasn't up for planning anything.  Maybe next year. 

• Options
    We are just walk up our street and back down. We live in a TH community. Then come back and hand out candy. I plan to get rid of all the candy I bought.

• Options

I think when Ella was one we took her to two neighbors houses and that was that.  I think she was in bed before most of the ToTs came.  We had a parade at school though and that was ridicoulously cute.

Last year when she was not quite 2, we went to my parents house and went to 2 or 3 neighbors houses and then came home and did about 5 or 6 houses in our neighborhood.  We may go all the way up to 10 houses this year, but that'll be it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejcsntms06:
    We are just walk up our street and back down. We live in a TH community. The come back and hand out candy. I plan to get rid of all the candy I bought.

This. We always run out of candy because we have so many.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since we aren't in a neighborhood and live off a main road, I'm not expecting to get any TOTer's. To keep us safe (no sidewalks in the neighborhood we back up to), we're going over to my BFF's. She moved into a new neighborhood about 2 minutes away from us and she has a 9month old. So, we're taking the girls out while our husbands hand out Candy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I might take her  to a few houses around the neighborhood - we live in a TH community. Her daycare has a Halloween parade. I won't get to see it, but DH has the day off and will be there to take pictures, etc.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I suppose 1 week is too little to take DD around to collect candy for mom and dad?  Wink  If it's not too cold, we'll probably sit on the front steps and hand out candy.  Maybe we can take her to a few of the neighbors' houses that haven't seen her since we've been home.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
  • Options

We don't live in a place where trick or treating can be done (main road, semi rural-ish), so we aren't expecting any to come and won't be taking her out. We'll be going to a friend's Halloween party for a bit, but no other plans.

When she is big enough to actually trick or treat, if we don't live somewhere where we can do that I may take her to my mom's neighborhood (where I grew up)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We live in an apartment complex surrounded by townhouses. Directly across the street is a row of 6-7 THs. We're just going to walk her over there and have her practice her walking skills. Maybe we'll cart her around in the wagon so she can see all the kids.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    When Aiden was that age we just took him to the neighbors we know well.  We'll do the same with Claire this year!  Aiden will go ToTing with his gal pal (my good college friend's daughter).  The dads take the kids around every year.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"