Austin Babies
Options

Last minute IL visits (long vent)

Re: Last minute IL visits (long vent)

• Options

That would still drive me insane, and my kids are well off the boob (had they ever been on the boob at all, I mean).   

imageel_twirpo:

DH said i'm ok to tell them it's not a good day and turn them down when i don't get at least a half day's notice. 

This is good.  Do that.  I bet after a few "oh, I'm sorry, it's just not a good time right now because we have X planned" responses from you, they'll try to give you a little more notice.  If they're smart. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

That would drive me insane. And it's EXACTLY what would happen if my ILs lived that close to us. In fact, I can feel myself getting short of breath just thinking about it.

I'm sorry. :-(

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemlf625:

imageel_twirpo:

DH said i'm ok to tell them it's not a good day and turn them down when i don't get at least a half day's notice. 

This is good.  Do that.  I bet after a few "oh, I'm sorry, it's just not a good time right now because we have X planned" responses from you, they'll try to give you a little more notice.  If they're smart. 

Ditto.  You might even be able to lightly throw in a "let me know the next time you have an appt scheduled, and I'll be sure to plan on seeing you afterwards" or something to that effect, to let them know that a little advance notice is most appreciated. 

Heck, if you know in advance that they're coming, you may even be able to plan on them keeping LO for an hour or so while you run out and do something for yourself.  If that's something you'd like to do, of course!

• Options

imageamyliisa:
    Heck, if you know in advance that they're coming, you may even be able to plan on them keeping LO for an hour or so while you run out and do something for yourself.  If that's something you'd like to do, of course!

not sure if he or i are ready for that just yet. his feeding schedule is still all over the place and i don't have much of a pumped stash of milk. they have been begging for us to bring him out to their house for overnight stays already and even (somewhat jokingly) saying we could drop him off on mondays and pick up fridays when i go back to work. should i be worried they're trying to steal my baby? ;o) 

• Options
    My MIL does the exact same thing,  I just don't pick up the phone, and when I call her back 45 minutes later she's already headed back home.  Drives me crazy
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageel_twirpo:

imageamyliisa:

not sure if he or i are ready for that just yet. his feeding schedule is still all over the place and i don't have much of a pumped stash of milk. they have been begging for us to bring him out to their house for overnight stays already and even (somewhat jokingly) saying we could drop him off on mondays and pick up fridays when i go back to work. should i be worried they're trying to steal my baby? ;o) 

trust me, I'm not a fan of my MIL so I get it, but I like Amy's idea. You could feed him, then run quickly to the grocery store or target or something solo. Much easier than lugging baby and stuff too. But don't feel bad telling them you have plans or it's not a good time - they need to give you notice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"