Minnesota Babies

Need Pedi Recs for SW Metro

I am thinking of switching to a closer pedi since we have to drive 45 minutes.

Looking for one in Eden Prarie/Shakopee/Burnsville range. Even Bloomington/Edina would be alright if the pedi is exceptional, but prefer the former. 

Thanks!

Re: Need Pedi Recs for SW Metro

• We go to Metro Peds in Edina and have been very happy so far. They also have a Burnsville location.

• Southdale Peds in Eden Prairie.  They are on the corner of Hwy 5 and Dell Road.  We've seen almost all the providers and they are great.  My little guy sees Dr. Leville.  I can't recommend her enough-great with the kids, yet takes plenty of time to talk with me too.
  • Loading the player...
  • We go to Southlake Peds.  They have offices all over the Cities, but the closest office to you would be the one in EP off of Hwy 5 and Prairie Center Dr.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • image62406:
    We go to Southlake Peds.  They have offices all over the Cities, but the closest office to you would be the one in EP off of Hwy 5 and Prairie Center Dr.

We go to the Children's West location and love South Lake Peds.

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• imagestephmarie:

image62406:
    We go to Southlake Peds.  They have offices all over the Cities, but the closest office to you would be the one in EP off of Hwy 5 and Prairie Center Dr.

I forgot about the Children's West location.  I drive by it every day, you'd think I'd remember.

BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • We also go to Southlake Ped's in EP... we see Dr. Dewey and Michelle Welte, who is a CNP and lactation consultant. Love them both!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestephmarie:

image62406:

Oh, tell me more! We currently go to Children's in Minneapolis. I didn't realize they had a location in the West suburbs? So is it THE Children's? Just a regular pediatric office? Hmmm...I like it! Do you recommend a certain doc?

• South Lake peds has two Minnetonka locations, so Children's West is just a regular pediatric office and there is also a pediatric urgent care at this location. They are affiliated with Children's hospital in Minneapolis though. We had been home with DS for less than a week when the peds office got some labs back and had us rush DS to Children's hospital, and by the time we got there they had sent over all his records, informed them of what we needed done immediately so when we checked in they were expecting us.

We've seen Pat Zajac, CPNP for every visit and I love her. She spends a lot of time with us to make sure all our questions are answered, and gave us her home phone number if we ever need it (although I'm not sure I'd ever use it).

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• My pedi just moved from our clinic in Woodbury to Fairview Oxboro Clinic in Bloomington.  Her name is Dr. Sonia Helmy.  We love her and saw someone different for DD's 18 month visit and now we are considering driving the 30 minutes to go see her in Bloomington.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I love the connection to Children's. One of the things I need, love, and depend on is seamless communication between my daughters doctors. Her cardiologist is at the Children's Heart Clinic and the communication between him and her general pedi is so great. I'm scared to give that up, but kind of want a shorter commute. However, thankfully our doctor visits are rare, so maybe it's worth it. Goodness, I just don't know.

However, if I decide to switch pedi's, it seems like there are definitely good options that are very close. Thanks for all the input, mamas. :)

• image62406:

This!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"