Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Question

So, I see a lot of you are taking home pregnancy tests to see if it's still reading positive to guage your HCG levels. My question is, does a negative result mean that your levels have gone completely back to normal? I took one last night and it was negative so I'm wondering if this is all over.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question

• Depending upon the sensitivity of the test, what a negative result means is that there is not enough HCG in your body to detect; some tests are more sensitive then others, but it's a good sign that things have dropped if you are getting the negative HPTs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it depends on the sensitivity of the hpt...
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the lowest HCG that a HPT will pick up is somewhere around 20 - 25. It depends on the test...some need to see a higher level but I think that's the absolute lowest that certain brands will pick up. So if your HCG level is 15, it will show negative, but your body still isn't clear of the HCG.

Even when my HCG was 8, it still wasn't low enough and I had to go in one more time for bloodwork. So you're either at 0 or close to it.

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well, at least I know I'm getting close. Thanks everyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelizmitchell15:
    Well, at least I know I'm getting close. Thanks everyone.

Exactly.  Its all mental...

• I had several "negative" tests, and when I had blood drawn I was still considered pregnant.  They had to cancel some tests I was scheduled to get done until the levels dropped below 5.  My last MC took forever for them to drop from 17 to <5.  Good Luck!
    Me: 33, TTC-09/2009
    Dx: Unexplained MCs. Possible poor egg quality.
    MC-01/2010(7wks)
    MC-05/2010(5wks)
    MC-09/2010(10wks, D&C=Normal)
    MC-01/2011(5wks)Began seeing RE.
    MC-04/2011(10wks, D&C=TurnerSyndrome)
    IVF-10/2011 followed by MC-12/2011(10wks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"