Special Needs

Cherish every single day, please!

2 weeks ago, my son died. Tomorrow he should be turning 3 years old and I feel like I am dying. Nobody knows more than you ladies to truly appreiciate every single day. Big hugs to all of you raising special needs kids.

Re: Cherish every single day, please!

• imagePMQ:
    Oh Amy... (((hugs))). Your message is not wasted on me, I promise. Take care of yourself tomorrow, okay? You need to heal, and I know it will be a hard day for you and your family. My prayers are with you.

Thank you PMQ

I remember you when I was really active on the parenting board and you were just starting testing....hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• imagePMQ:

I remember you too, and was at a loss when I heard about Jack. I remember hearing all about Jack's surgeries when you were active on Parenting, and I even saw a link to a video of Jack in the hospital that brought me to tears. I know some people just say that, but it really did bring me to tears. There are a few people that come to mind when I'm having a bad day with dealing with Joey's overwhelming issues, and you are one of them.

Were you able to find an internet support group? I know some people mentioned finding an IRL group, but I completely understand the need to find a virtual group that understands exactly what you are going through. There's something to be said about being able to log on in the middle of the night and talk to people who truly understand.

Do you have anything planned for tomorrow?

IRL therapy is amazing and a a life saver. Not sure about tomorrow, at this point I just want to wake up and try to be here for my younger son and breathe. Just trying to live...
  • Loading the player...
  • I truly am sorry for the loss of handsome son Jack. I hope that tomorrow you can just breathe like you wish and reflect on those precious moments that we so deeply cherish about our children.

If there is anything we can do from the internet let us know. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Also Oprah is giving away free photo books on snapfish.com this may be a creative outlet to remember Jack.

Link here.

• I am so very sorry for the loss of your handsome son.  I know there are no words to make you feel better, but just know that we are all keeping you in our prayers and I hope that you make it through tomorrow.  {{{Hugs}}}
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amy.... I wish I had the right words..... I'm still praying for you and your family. 

Please remember to take care of yourself...

Hannah

• My heart breaks for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear this. I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, but you and your family are def. in my thoughts and in my prayers. 
  • I can't imagine what you are going through.  My heart is breaking for you and your family.

No matter how hard things get I always make a point to step back and be thankful for what I have.  I now have a new reason to do this every day.

I am truly sorry for your loss. 

• I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a hard thing to go through, no parent should. I understand what you are going through, if you ever want to talk about it.
  • I haven't been on these boards for quite awhile, but I remember you from the Parenting board and I am so sad to read this post! I am so sorry for your loss, my heart breaks for you.
    Michelle
    3 boys (15, 8, 6), 1 girl (4)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"