Austin Babies

DH is so cute

So the boys' party tomorrow and things are kind of crazy for me today. I've got to do basically everything for the party, my allergies are out of control, and I'm completely exhausted (thank you pregnancy hormones). Last night I had to work but was freaking out about all the stuff I needed to go get from the grocery store, and DH, bless his heart, offered to go shopping on me. It should tell you how stressed I felt that I took him up on it. 

It took him TWO HOURS to get the list of things I gave him. It would've taken me maybe 30-45 minutes, lol! He was soooo miserable by the time he made it home. He had a terrible time finding pumpkin pie spice. When he got home he was telling me this whole long story about how he looked and looked and it was not there, and then finally he found it in a bag on some end cap. I thought that was weird since it usually comes in a normal spice jar, but whatever.

So I go downstairs this morning and see all the stuff out. The bag of "pumpkin pie spice?" Yeah. It's pumpkin cookie mix, lol! Oh, and the cinnamon sticks I asked for? Got hazelnut flavored pirouette sticks. 

lol. Guess I learned my lesson. He's adorable for trying though! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: DH is so cute

• Haha, this sounds totally like what happens when I send my DH to the store. Mine always comes home with some kind of "treat" for me though, so it usually makes up for the lack of correct items I requested.
  • this made me laugh. i hate sending DH to the grocery cause it takes him SO long to get everything, but it is nice sometimes when they go. i love the substitutes your DH got you! sometimes i forget that just because i know what and where an item is DH won't. it's cute. yum though, hazelnut flavored pirouette sticks sound good!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha!  Good effort, though!

One time I put 'People Magazine' on the grocery list and sent DH out.  He got all the food right but bought me the COUNTRY issue.  Gross.  

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm LOL at the pirouette cookies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagessinca:
    I'm LOL at the pirouette cookies!

I know, and the hilarious thing is that he truly, genuinely thought that that was what I was asking for. Like he'd never seen a cinnamon stick before, lol!

Also I would like to add that I went through the trouble of writing out the list in the order that they would appear in the store for maximum efficiency. I'm not sure he'd have made it home if I hadn't done that, lol!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I take pictures of the things I need and text it to him.  Oatmeal?  I take a pic of the oatmeal carton.  I think he appreciates it when I don't throw a box of oatmeal at him for it being the wrong one.
  • imagessinca:
    I'm LOL at the pirouette cookies!

Same here!  DH will often go grocery shopping for me (or with me.  He's weird and enjoys grocery shopping).  It's definitely nice to have the help/break, but when he goes by himself, he is FORVER calling or texting me about where to find stuff, or what something is, etc, which gets old really quick...  And it also takes him twice as much time as it would take me. 

• Poor guy!  I have to be pretty specific with DH, too.  Otherwise I end up with something different. 

Do you need me to get anything for you?  I have pumpkin pie spice if you want me to bring it...

:-)

• imageAmethystBride:

Poor guy!  I have to be pretty specific with DH, too.  Otherwise I end up with something different. 

Do you need me to get anything for you?  I have pumpkin pie spice if you want me to bring it...

Oh thank you! I actually was able to make some myself so we're good. I was going to ask you if I could stop by later tonight and try out those jeans maybe? I might need a pair to wear tomorrow, lol. 

• I have a pair of black rinse boot cuts that could work, but I remembered last night that my friend has pretty much all of my maternity denim.  I need to get some back from her.  Wanna try on the black pair?

• That is awesome.  At least you have the mix to make yummy pumpkin cookies now!  The pirouette stick thing is hilarious.  I could totally see my DH doing something like that and saying, "What?  That's what they looked like when you used them before."
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageAmethystBride:

I have a pair of black rinse boot cuts that could work, but I remembered last night that my friend has pretty much all of my maternity denim.  I need to get some back from her.  Wanna try on the black pair?

Oh yeah, actually black might be perfect since I'm being a cat. Thank you! I'll text you later about what time. I'm going out to buy a million things when DH gets home. You going to be home most of the evening?

• I have to drop off the raffle basket after the boys' nap, but other than that, we're not leaving the house this afternoon.  I still need to make Jackson's costume Embarrassed.

• imageAmethystBride:

I still need to make Jackson's costume Embarrassed.

LOL! Good luck with that my friend! 

• imageRach03k:
    imageAmethystBride:

Poor guy!  I have to be pretty specific with DH, too.  Otherwise I end up with something different. 

Oh thank you! I actually was able to make some myself so we're good. I was going to ask you if I could stop by later tonight and try out those jeans maybe? I might need a pair to wear tomorrow, lol. 

You can have your maternity jeans back. I was never a jeans girl and haven't even touched them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRach03k:
      The bag of "pumpkin pie spice?" Yeah. It's pumpkin cookie mix, lol! Oh, and the cinnamon sticks I asked for? Got hazelnut flavored pirouette sticks. 

That's freaking awesome!! And the pirouette sticks actually didn't look out of place at all!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"