Attachment Parenting

Simplest Back Carry I've ever seen

This video is of a South African lady wrapping her baby to her back with a towel. I think it is really neat that she can do it but I am not sure if back carries are anything I would try.

https://youtu.be/rQ6h64S-oto

Re: Simplest Back Carry I've ever seen

• Thanks for sharing the video.  That type of torso carry (with a kanga) is common throughout Africa.  Neat, hunh?  I love its simplicity & it works well for impromptu babywearing (with a beach towel or something).

I prefer the support of carries that go over my shoulders, though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just can't help but think what it would do to my boobs over time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I practiced this today, because I always wanted to do it, and had never seen a video. I was really excited by how well it worked.

I took a picture and sent it to my husband and closest frind, except I didn't send it to my husband. I sent it to some random person who has the same first name as him. Whoops.

• I actually tried this at home once and it's quite easy to do but the piece of fabric I was using was too long, so I couldn't get it quite tight enough.  I don't think I could ever do it with a towel, but if I could find the right length of fabric I would carry my daughter like this a lot right now because there is nothing going over my pregnant belly!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• I have a friend who got a Kanga, and she loves it - she can get her 3 year old up there, and it looks awesome!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow - neat!
  • imagematildasun:

I practiced this today, because I always wanted to do it, and had never seen a video. I was really excited by how well it worked.

I took a picture and sent it to my husband and closest frind, except I didn't send it to my husband. I sent it to some random person who has the same first name as him. Whoops.

LOL! I am always scared of doing that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"