Attachment Parenting

What brand of flu vax did you and LO get?

I'm looking up the package inserts for influenza and there are a few different manufacturers and brands. Which one did you or LO get? Thanks!

Re: What brand of flu vax did you and LO get?

• The ones carried by our clinic. There are multiple manufacturers, but most clinics do not carry multiple brands of the same version. They will carry one peds version (if peds or family practice), one preservative free version (if OB clinic or family practice), one single dose injectable version (which may or may not be the preservative free version) and one multidose injectable version (which is not available in preservative free). Lets toss FluMist in there too. Some clinics don't even go that far- they may only have one adult version available.

If there is a specific brand that you are wanting, due to an allergy to an additive, you may have to do some calling around to find a place that carries that particular type.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have tried calling around as I discovered in my research that some flu vaccines are a category B while pregnant while most other flu vaccines are category C. I called all around where I live (NJ), and cannot find the category B brands. I obviously plan on the thimerosal free shot too. Most places here seem to have the fluzone preservative free shot, including the pediatrician. I am still debating if I should get the flu shot (never have before but I watch two kids that go to daycare now and am pregnant) and if I should give to LO who has also never had the flu shot before. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you can talk a clinic into giving it to you- and some will- an adult can receive 2 pediatric doses instead of 1 adult dose. I haven't looked at the numbers this year so you will want to check on this, but the year I was running our immunization clinic the peds preservative free dose was exactly 1/2 of the adult dose. Since we ran out of the preservative free for our OB patients, we gave 2 peds doses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"