C-sections
Options

Questions about RCS's

It looks like I'm bound for a RCS in January.

I have a couple questions for you ladies who have been there....  is the spinal better than the epi?  I felt extremely nauseous and disoriented after my CS with DS for at least an hour or two, and I'm hoping to not have that this time around...  I also remember having to beg to have my catheter removed after almost 24 hours.  Do they leave it in that long with a spinal?

How long did you stay in the hospital after your RCS? 

Re: Questions about RCS's

• Options

I was also nauseous/loopy after my unplanned c/s with DD1.  DD2's RCS was a much better experience.  I'd discussed my prior experience with the anesthesiologist and he made sure that I did not have a repeat experience.  I think I had the catheter in for about 8 hours, but know it wasn't for the full 24.  Mine was taken out after I'd been moving around a bit and was able to make it to the bathroom.  DD2 was born on Monday night and I went home on Friday - I could have gone home on Thursday, but the doctor didn't clear me until Friday b/c DD2 was in the NICU. 

I'll be having another RCS in February (at least that is the goal!) and am hoping to repeat the experience I had with DD2.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My spinal was great.  I did feel bad right after it went in, but they gave me something for that in my IV and I had no problems.  They had me up and walking the evening of my c/s (had it at 10am, was walking by 8 or so).  My catheter was removed then and I walked to the bathroom on my own.  I was there for 3 nights/4 days after the RCS.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don't have any answers to your spinal over epi question, I have been put out for all of mine. I have had 3 scheduled c-sections and another booked for the end of November... The catheter was removed the evening of the c-section when they allowed me to get up and walk. I typically spend 48 hours in the hospital.. aka I go in for surgery say on Wednesday at 8am and by Friday about 9am I have been released! No need to stay there longer!
  • Options
    I've only had a spinal with my two c/s. I don't remember most of the first few hours because of the pain meds. Well I do, but I get a lot of help remembering because of pictures. They took my catheter out either that night or the next day. I had both boys on a Monday. With Aidan I stayed until Friday and with Lucas I stayed until Thursday.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My 2 c/s were completely different experiences.  DS1's c/s came after 22 hours of labor (including 2 hours of pushing) with an epi, and the recovery was horrible.  I had a migraine from the epi and couldn't keep food down for 3 days after delivery.  With DS2, I had a RCS and everything went so smoothly.  The spinal was no big deal, and my recovery was so much faster.  DS2 was born early on a Monday and we went home around noon that Wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"