Upstate NY Babies

When is TOT'ing?

Anyone know when the kids will offiicially be doing Trick-or-Treating out on the streets this year?  Sometime this weekend?  Or Monday on actual Halloween?

I'm in Albany if it makes a difference.  Not sure if there's an official place to look this sort of thing up?  ha  I just need to be prepared.  ;-)

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When is TOT'ing?

• Do people generally TOT on a day other than halloween?  I know malls sometimes do something but actual neighborhood TOTing should be on the holiday. I am not handing out any candy to a kid that arrives on my doorstep prior to the actual day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • its monday here.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Every so often they DO have it on a different day. That happened several years ago I remember, but I don't remember what day or why.   I'm in the Albany area, also.. I THINK it's on Monday, just because that's when the malls are doing it, too? And, it usually coincides with that.  (because we usually do the neighborhood for a bit, and then the mall when she gets cold). 

I'm trying to find it, though, and can't. It doesn't appear to be anywhere online. Usually the newspapers will have the hours, and the online news sites.. but I don't see it yet. I imagine maybe tomorrow?  

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • I was under the impression it was always on Halloween. The zoo does it a week or so earlier, but for the neighborhood, I've only seen it on the actual day.
  • I have never heard of it being any other day than actual Halloween! Monday here in the ROC! =)
  • It's Monday here too, from 6 to 8.

But I did read that in Connecticut they are thinking of always having Halloween on the last Saturday - to make it easier for families. 

https://ballotnews.org/2011/10/26/state-rep-larson-standardize-halloween-in-connecticut-to-fall-on-a-saturday/ 

Personally I don't think you should move the actual holiday, since there are reasons that it's on that particular day, but I don't see a big deal in moving TOT'ing to a Saturday. 

• It's usually up to the municipality. Colonie has always had it on Halloween, and my parents would have said something if it's different this year.

My town does it on Halloween.

• Well, I am taking dd to my grandmas' and my parent's houses on Sunday.  But that is bc I work till 9 on Monday night.  So it is more just so they see the costume.  Otherwise, she will do a few houses with DH on Monday evening.  I would think it is weird if some random kid comes over Sat or Sun.
  • imagewendyj:

It's usually up to the municipality. Colonie has always had it on Halloween, and my parents would have said something if it's different this year.

Thanks everyone!  I was assuming it was Monday but thought I should probably double check.

Wendy - did I know you were from Colonie?  That's where I am now so good to have the inside info.  ;-)

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMarcyIam:
    imagewendyj:

It's usually up to the municipality. Colonie has always had it on Halloween, and my parents would have said something if it's different this year.

Thanks everyone!  I was assuming it was Monday but thought I should probably double check.

Wendy - did I know you were from Colonie?  That's where I am now so good to have the inside info.  ;-)

Yep, I am, but not sure if we ever talked about it. 

• imagewendyj:
    imageMarcyIam:
    imagewendyj:

Yep, I am, but not sure if we ever talked about it. 

I'm clooooose too :) 

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • It's Halloween night here, no matter what day of the week. DH is from buffalo (west seneca) and they always did ToT on Beggars Night (the 30th). I had never heard of this before him!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"