Preemies
Options

Helping a friend out, please assist.

Hi ladies!

My girlfriend is in the hospital at 24 weeks with contractions, the babies may or may not stick it out until they are toasty and full, but in case they do I want to get her planning together. Where are the best places to by preemie clothes and newborn clothes. 0-3 m is always too big unless the baby is 7lbs or bigger.

Also she is expecting twins, any twin resources for products, would be helpful too, oh and we'll take a prayer too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Helping a friend out, please assist.

• Options

You are a great friend for helping her get ready!

In terms of preemie clothes, you can get them at BRU and Carters. Gerber runs small so those often work well too. Preemies don't usually stay in that size long but they stay in newborn size forever! Also, depending on how early the babies come, they will probably not be able to wear clothes for awhile-it was over a month before my 27-weeker could wear clothes. What you can have right away is cute receiving blankets to decorate the isolette and help it feel a little more special.

There are two links in my siggy that should help. One is for her--NICU resources should she need them. The other is for you--ways friends can help. They are both great lists complied by the women on this board.

If you are coordinating a bunch of people who want to help with food, housework, etc check out carecalendar.org. Its a great free resource for this kind of thing. A friend used it while we were in the NICU and it was awesome. I hope your friend keeps her babies in for a long time!

• Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"