Secondary IF
Options

Bleh.

We just got done with IUI #3 today. I'm already pretty much convinced it failed, and that we might have just as well poured $555 down the toilet.

Why?

a) I'm still a little worried that we timed it too early

b) DH's post-wash count was a dismal 2.4 million motile sperm!!!?

This is a different RE's office although our old one was affiliated with the same university medical center that we saw today. DH's last four samples have been much better, with totals from 40- 48 million. Today's prewash total was 20 million, and this place has apparently a way different washing system, so that the end result had 96% motility but only 2.5 million sperm. The other REs office we had post-wash totals of like 24 million with 48% motility. I have no idea what changed so much in the last 2 months since our last IUI but I am about ready to throw in the towel.

Not to mention at my RE appt on Monday, the doctor very gently told me that b/c of my diminished ovarian reserve (this is at the age of freakin' 27, mind you),not to get too excited if I get a positive pregnancy test b/c I do have a higher rate of m/c. Which leads me to the obvious question,

"WHY THE HECK ARE WE DOING THIS?"

Because we desperately want another child, duh. But having already started the adoption process, I'm wondering if we should just completely give up on our dream of having another bio child. Things aren't looking good. We have beaten the odds and managed to conceive twice (the first time,with our son, we had no idea we had any infertility issues, it happened within 6 months, of NTNP/TTC). Now both of our reproductive systems have totally gone to pot. I'm just so discouraged.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bleh.

• Options
    I'm so sorry, sweetie.  Huge hugs to you.  I really do hope that your IUI is successful and that you get your BFP. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry you are feeling so discouraged. I will remind you that in the end it only takes 1 sperm. 2.5 million with a 96% rate is still pretty darn good! 

Keep your chin up, you are not out till the b!tch shows!! (or you get a beta of 0 and have to induce an af) 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I know how discouraging you can feel even when hope abounds. Don't give up, but focus on what you have control over - it may help keep you sane through the 2WW.  Hang in there!
    Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    Oh sweetie...I'm sorry.  IMHO, I think that the count is pretty awesome, especially with an almost perfect motility rate.  The lab just tossed out the bad ones so all the super stars get their chance.  Hang in there sweetie. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling down.  It sounds like almost every single one of those 2.4 mil sperm are fantastic though, so that's amazing!  I hope this one works for you and you don't have to go through it all again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"