Natural Birth
Options

Do you have anything in birth plan about possible c-section?

I pretty much copied the birth plan from my hypnobirthing book and there's a little bit about the baby going to DH right away in the event of a c-section, but I was thinking I should have a whole section on it since I'm having a VBAC.  If you have anything, what did you include?
Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
Currently TTC Baby #3

Re: Do you have anything in birth plan about possible c-section?

• Options

I wrote a separate, "just in case" c/s birth plan for my VBAC.  Sorry if the formatting gets screwed up.

• Leave my arms unstrapped
    • Allow husband to stay with me during c-section prep
    • Insert catheter after I am numb
    • Anti-nausea meds right away
    • Would like both husband and doula in the room for c-section
    • Use hypoallergenic solutions on my skin; I had an allergic reaction after my first c-section
    • Would like still photos allowed of baby
    • Would like to wear glasses during surgery or put glasses on to see baby being born
    • Please bring baby to me right away to see/hold
    • Husband to announce the sex of the baby
    • Please leave cord long for husband to cut
    • Dermabond for skin closure
    • Baby to stay with us at all times in the OR and recovery unless there is a medical problem
    • I would like to hold baby on the way to the recovery room
    • I would like to breastfeed within the first hour after birth
    • Please help me make this birth a special and positive experience

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I requested double layer sutures, that DH be allowed with me the entire time, and that I can hold the baby ASAP and breastfeed ASAP.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, you can read mine in the birth plan post below.  HTH!

I think it is very important to focus on this possibility. I wish I had really thought more about it since I did end up with a c/s and was totally unprepared regarding my hospital's policy. It made for a very negative experience.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Yes, I"m VBACing as well and have very clear ideas about what I want and don't want should a non-emergency RCS be needed. Also, since I'm using a free standing birth center this time I will include notes in the event I must be put under G.A.as there won't be as much time to prep me should I be transferred in a emergency situation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageGoldenPeaches:
    I requested double layer sutures, that DH be allowed with me the entire time, and that I can hold the baby ASAP and breastfeed ASAP.

I never included information about a c/s last time and thankfully didn't need it.  But next time I plan to write something similar to this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"