Infertility

E2 level question after 3 days of stims

Today I had my first ultrasound and blood work after starting stims 3 days ago. My estrogen was 99.4 and I have 18 follicles total - 9 in each ovary - but so small they were not measurable. I've been googling normal results but haven't found much. For ladies who have dome IVF, what was your ultrasound and blood work results like after 3 days of stims? Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: E2 level question after 3 days of stims

• Hi! I just finished my stims for IVF and after 3 days, my E2 was around 67. I was on 1 vial of Menopur/1 vial of Bravelle and 5 units of Lupron. After that, they eliminated Bravelle and upp'ed me to 2 vials of Menopur along with the Lupron and that is the dose that took me all the way to the end. My RE looked for slowly rising E2 and allowed the follicles to catch up in time. It sounds like you're on the right track. Starting slowly is the way to go.
    Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Thanks Bluefish, that makes me feel better. Google was showing me lots of different levels and I wasnt sure what to expect. My doctor is keeping me on the same meds and same dosage. I guess that's a good thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would not worry much at this point-- your E2 has likely been rising from baseline, and it is still really early. Normal is very subjective. 

I wasn't checked until after 5 days of stims, and I had some slow growers, and a lot of my antral follicles did not join the party (I think I had over 20 antral follicles at baseline).

After stimming 5 days--my E2 was only 160, and none of my follies were measureable, though I think they still bothered counting 12 on right and 3 on the left. My drugs were upped after day 5. I also ended up stimming for 11 days total, and had 8 eggs on the right and 2 on the left retrieved today.

It is still really early for you-- and they were even telling me that after day 5. I did end up with 9 measurable follies after day 7, and those are likely the majority of what went on to be collected today.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• imageKGF0413:
    Thanks Bluefish, that makes me feel better. Google was showing me lots of different levels and I wasnt sure what to expect. My doctor is keeping me on the same meds and same dosage. I guess that's a good thing!

I just had my ER today and my E2 was up near 6000 and they harvested 21 eggs so slow and steady can definitely win the race. Good luck! Try not to stress.

Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • I've really tried to steer clear of numbers this time, but I did accidentally find out two of my E2 numbers today.

After 6 days of stims, my E2 was around 300 and after 8 days (that's today) it was just over 600.   I was told that these are good numbers.  Honestly, I don't pay much attention to it all.  My job is highly technical but for some reason, when it comes to IF, I don't want details.  Go figure.  Good luck lady!!  From what you're saying, it sounds like you're exactly where you're supposed to be :-)  Woot!

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • I think your number sounds good. In my first IVF attempt, my E2 was 270 after three days of stims. But, I later developed a dominant follicle and my E2 never reached 1000. That cycle was cancelled, but I am in the middle of my second attempt. After three days in this cycle, my E2 was only 53. The RE said this was too low and upped my Follistim for several days before dropping it back to my original dose. My ER is tomorrow, but at yesterday's appointment, my E2 was 3000. Over the course of ultrasounds, I've been told I have anywhere from 10-20 follicles, but I guess we will see tomorrow! Good luck!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• I appreciate everyones input. Even though I know everyone's different, it's nice to hear what numbers and experiences other people have had. Thanks again
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My E2 on my third day of stims was 23. Day 5 was 205. Day 6 (today) was 367. My doctor is disappointed in my response. I go in tomorrow for more blood and my first u/s since baseline.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Mine was very similar to yours.  I had no measurable follies until over 7 days of stims.  After that, everything sprang into action quickly! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My E2 was 157 yesterday morning after 3 days of stims. I think your progress sounds right on-target. I had 5 measurable follies between 10-15mm yesterday, everything else was too small to count. I took the same dose of Gonal last night that I had been on since the start - tonight I begin Cetrotide and Luveris and my Gonal dose goes up a bit (my last IVF I did nicely until we added in Cetrotide, then I started to plateau). Good luck!
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"