C-sections

First-timer: what should I pack in my hospital bag?

I'm scheduled for a c-section on Nov. 10th, but I had my 37-week appointment yesterday & my belly is measuring 40 weeks!  I'm having an ultrasond tomorrow to see how big she really is, but I really don't think I'm going to make it to my scheduled date.  The Dr. said if she's big, I'll probably go early, and I've been in major nesting mode the past few days and for over a week now, I've been feeling as if my water is going to break every time I sit down or stand up!

I want to pack my bag now just in case, & I'm wondering what you packed that you were glad you had, or what you didn't pack that you had to send someone back to your house to get.  Also, what you packed that was useless & just took up space.

My first delivery is a big blur, but I remember that I packed a ton of stuff I didn't use.  Since this is my first c-section, I thought there would be things I might need that I don't know about....

TIA!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: First-timer: what should I pack in my hospital bag?

• I was glad to have my own pj pants. Not low rise though, make sure they can be pulled up to your belly button.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I brought yoga pants and I felt like a new woman when I finally got to shower and put them on!

My c/s scar is suuuper low  (lets just say hair grows above it) so the rise of my pants wasn't an issue at all. If it bugged me, I think I couldn've just pulled the fold-over panel up though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • socks!  a friend brought me some really cute ankle socks and they were so comfy!  I stayed in hospital gowns the whole time (they were incredibly comfy) so I ended up not really using what I'd packed.  The two times I had visitors I wore my gaucho shorts as they have a folded down panel and weren't snug at all. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Big pj pants for sure and a nursing sleep bra if you are planning on breastfeeding. We had to send someone after baby nail clippers bc the hospital would not clip his nails or lend clippers, so that's something to think about packing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Cute pjs, chapstick, camera, nursing bra, lanisoh to put on your nipples whenever your finish feeding baby (if you are bfing), camera, snacks for when the kitchen is closed. I also brought some of those mary jane sock/slippers with the grippy bottoms from target and just left them on when I slept. I also brought a bright colored file folder to put all the paperwork in since with my first the papers were all over.

• My own pillow (in a brightly colored pillowcase so the nurses knew it was mine), boppy pillow or breastfriend pillow,  babybook to stamp DD's feet directly into after delivery, a clear plastic file folder that I stuck all my paperwork in,  babywipes (I hated the weird ones they have in the hospital)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"