Adoption
Options

annoying coworker

I was pretty open at work when I was pursuing IF treatments  I've only told a few people about our plans to adopt.   So today one of my coworkers approached me about that "stuff" I was doing last year.  I told her that my husband and I have decided to pursue other options.  She then decides to give me a long drawn out story about her friend that "probably shouldn't even have kids" and her 4 failed placements.   

Why in the world did she feel like she needed to tell me the horror stories about adoption.  UUURGH!   Sometimes I wish I wasn't as open about certain things. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: annoying coworker

• Options
    Just chalk it up to ignorance.  It always amazes me how some people think.  Hugs to you.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
    Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog
  • Options
    I completly agree with Potatohead (love the name :D) and people just don't know how to say the correct things and a lot of people need to follow the age old advice that if you don't have anything nice to say, than you shouldn't say anything at all!! good luck to you on your adoption journey! *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe in her mind she though she was helping you. Have you ever told her how IF personally affected you ( in co worker boundaries) maybe she will lay off and only give positivity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"