Health & Exercise

When did you put LO in jogging stroller?

Does it depend on his neck strength or go strictly by age or height?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When did you put LO in jogging stroller?

• I waited until LO was able to sit up alone for a good amount of time around six months. I get really nervous seeing really little baby's in joggers. Where I  jog I saw a woman with a  2 month old in a BOB.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used a the jogger with a carseat adapter from pretty early on - maybe 4 weeks? We didn't put them directly in the stroller until they were close to 9 months. It isn't only about the neck muscles - it is also the back muscles - so just head control isn't necessarily a good indicator. I'd wait until 6 months minimum and then until they could sit unsupported.
  • Loading the player...
  • I put DD in the car seat really early too.  I think it was about 6 weeks, as soon as the weather was warm enough for me to walk.  At about 4 months I did short walks with her in the stroller and didn't start running with her until she was about 7 months.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsnorthernbell:
    I put DD in the car seat really early too.  I think it was about 6 weeks, as soon as the weather was warm enough for me to walk.  At about 4 months I did short walks with her in the stroller and didn't start running with her until she was about 7 months.  

I used the car seat but just made sure I stuck to smoother surfaces... if thats even possible in Rhode Island.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"