Hawaii Babies

Coffee poll

How do you take your coffee when you prep it yourself? (E.g., black, with half and half, with Coffeemate flavored cream)

What do you usually order at a coffee shop? Specialty drinks or good old drip?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Coffee poll

• splenda (2 packets) &  creamer (preferably the fat free, sugar free kind from coffee-mate).

at SB, I get a non-fat White Chocolate Mocha with a little whipped cream. 

• At home I use French vanilla or hazelnut coffeemate creamer and stevia. 

At Starbucks I rarely order coffee.  My #1 vice in life is Starbucks green tea latte, iced or hot depends on the season.  I also love chai lattes and the occasional pumpkin spice latte.

• Loading the player...
  • I go in phases at home: whole milk and brown sugar, milk + Coffeemate, or condensed milk

At the cafe, I usually order a cappucino with whip or a regular latte. During the holidays, I love a peppermint mocha, but it never quite feels right anymore now that I'm back to living in tropical HI.

• I don't drink coffee every day....maybe only once a week or so.  But at home I take it with skim milk and a stevia packet (and it's usually a buttered toffee flavored k-cup).  Out and about I like pumpkin coffee (also with skim milk and stevia - I keep packets in my purse) this time of year or a nonfat mocha.
  • My coffee habit has gotten worse since I started dieting. I use a plunger, and like very strong coffee, but with plenty of sugar and milk (Aussies don't use half-n-half or have Coffeemate (*sob*) so it's just regular ole milk. So that sugaryness has become my daily treat. Well, 2-3 times daily. Embarrassed

At a coffee shop, it's either a plain latte (if I've been having coffee out frequently) or a caramel latte (if it's been a while). I don't like all the fancy whipped cream and shiznit.

* the artist formerly known as redshoegirl *
    life in oz

• At home I have milk and sugar.

At Tim Hortons I have a medium, two milk, two sugar.

At Starbucks I have an iced coffee or a vanilla latte.

I live an hour away from any sort of coffee shop...  I'm thinking of buying a specialty coffee maker to spice up my coffee life.  

• For some reason I haven't been able to drink coffee lately...I get too jittery and start to feel sick, but I am jonesing for one and it always smells so good.

My usual was iced with 2 splenda and condensed milk.  If no condensed milk then half and half.  I've never been much into hot coffee...even when I lived in Seattle...

• imagePugTails3602:

For some reason I haven't been able to drink coffee lately...I get too jittery and start to feel sick, but I am jonesing for one and it always smells so good.

This happened to me a while back. I ended up switching coffee brands and it was all OK again. No idea if my body changed or the coffee did, but it made me all queasy!

* the artist formerly known as redshoegirl *
    life in oz

• I don't drink coffee but I'm a huge Diet Coke freak. I know it's bad for me and this pregnancy has been a great extra push to give it up.

If I'm out and about, I'll occasionally splurge on a drink at Starbucks. I can't get enough of the Salted Caramel Mocha drinks. I highly recommend getting them without whip cream so the sea salt and caramel can melt/sink into the drink.

• imagelorem ipsum:
    imagePugTails3602:

For some reason I haven't been able to drink coffee lately...I get too jittery and start to feel sick, but I am jonesing for one and it always smells so good.

This happened to me a while back. I ended up switching coffee brands and it was all OK again. No idea if my body changed or the coffee did, but it made me all queasy!

Perhaps I should experiment a bit...this thread is making me really want a coffee!

• imageminimonster:

If I'm out and about, I'll occasionally splurge on a drink at Starbucks. I can't get enough of the Salted Caramel Mocha drinks. I highly recommend getting them without whip cream so the sea salt and caramel can melt/sink into the drink.

Yes, these are delish! I can't handle a whole one, but I'll take many sips if my mom or DH gets one. If you like salted caramel, you should also try Safeway's generic brand salted caramel ice cream. It's AHHHH-MAZING!

• imageHulaLove:

I'm thinking of buying a specialty coffee maker to spice up my coffee life.  

Me nor DH drink coffee so no coffee maker at our house, but you "spicing up your coffee life" made me giggle

imageminimonster:

I don't drink coffee but I'm a huge Diet Coke freak. I know it's bad for me and this pregnancy has been a great extra push to give it up.

totally understand this.  I stopped drinking DC when we started trying to get pg & I missed it so much!  I actually used to dream about having a DC...is that the true sign of an addict?? 

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • out of a machine - just plain black coffee.  If it's the yucky-ish work coffee I even dilute with some water a bit.  We recently got k-cup machines all over the place so I have been trying some of those.

I also drink 1-2 cups of dandelion root tea.  it's bold and dark so it's a good coffee replacement.

at starbucks - since J's dairy allergy I also have tried to give up dairy.  so I drink a grande soy latte.  A local coffee stand carries almond milk so I actually prefer an almond milk latte.

• At home I have it with a little half and half. I usually order a house coffee with h/h and sometimes add sugar if the coffee is super strong. If I order an espresso drink it's usually a mocha.
  • imageminimonster:

ZOMG, you had me at Salt and Caramel...I gotta try one of these babies! I also like SB's caramel apple cider this time of year...delish!

• imagelola808:

If you like salted caramel, you should also try Safeway's generic brand salted caramel ice cream. It's AHHHH-MAZING!

Ohhhh yeah, I've hit that. Delicious!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"