Preemies

Can I intro?

Hi ladies.  Do you mind if I join you? I went into pre term labor on Saturday at 32w3d.  My water had started to leak, I was 3 cm dialated and was having contractions.  We got to the hospital and they got me admitted and on mag, were able to stop the contrax and gave me 2 shots of steroids.  I'm on bedrest in the hospital and will be until our little guy is born.  They're monitoring us for infection, etc.  Hopefully all will be okay and if so the current plan is to get to 34 weeks and then see where we go from there

We never expected to bevhaving a preemie, as I'm sure most of you never did as well.  We're starting to wrap our heads around the fact that he may come any day now and may spend time in the NICU.  I may have a lot of questions for you ladies over the coming weeks, months, etc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I intro?

• Hello.  I'm fairly new here - we are still in NICU so I may not have many answers for you.  Welcome!
  • Hi! You have made it really far and every day is a bonus at this point. Hang in there and definitely ask any questions you have, the women here are great sources of info. 

Hospital bed rest is hard but also good in the sense that you know you are in the right place and are being well taken care of.

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome, mama!  Each day of you being in the hospital with baby on the inside is several less days in the NICU with baby on the outside.  Keep us updated.  Good luck.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been lurking on PAIF and have been following your story.  I'm sorry you're in this situation, but you've made it far in your pregnancy.  One of the toughest things for me to come to grips with was that I did nothing to make my boys arrive early.  Just know that PTL is out of your control and you're doing what's best for you and your little guy.

I hope you keep him cooking for a while longer, but we're here if you need us.  Keep us posted! 

• SCOOTERQ!!!

Welcome!  Although, I wish you did not have to join us. :(

I am sending even more good vibes towards you and your family.

Please keep us updated. ((HUGS)) 

My Story and Blog:
    The Conception Craze

1/2009- TTTC
    After 7 rounds of clomid and HcG, Three failed IUI's with an ectopic pregnancy, two shots of methotrextate, ER visits, breaks, low (3%) morphology One IVF cycle (lupron, gonal-F) that ended in another ectopic, more methotrexate, A Lap to disconnect both tubes, remove endo and a hydrosalphinx, . . .we are finally expecting TWINS from FET#1!
    1.11. 2011: Beginning FET cycle!
    3.11.11- FET! (DH's birthday!) 2 blasts transfered!
    3.20.11- BETA #1 BFP!!! 272! (9dp5dt)
    3.23.11- BETA #2 1346!!! (12dp5dt)
    4.8.11- U/S #1. . TWINS!!! . . .TWO BOYS!
    9.10.11-My beautiful Boys arrive unexpectedly at 28 weeks, 6 days. imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

• Welcome, welcome. The ladies on this board are an amazing support group. Any questions you can think of, ask away. 

And good luck on keeping your LO in!  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Welcome and congrats on making it so far on bedrest. Like everyone else said, every day (heck, even hour) your LO is inside, you are making a difference but at the same time, when you do go into labor know that you did everything you could to keep LO safe and feel confident in that.

There are some links in my siggy that might give you some good information to look at while you are hanging out the in the hospital. Its an amazing group here, we'll all be around to support you whenever your LO comes.

• Welcome, dear! sorry you have to join us but we're a nice bunch ::hugs:: hang in there!
  • Thanks so much for the warm welcome and kind words/words of wisdom.  They really help a lot! 

And it's nice to see some familiar faces here, although I wish none of us had to be here.

Off to check out some of these links...

• Welcome! Keep cooking LO. We're newly home from the NICU and my best advice is to take it one day at a time. Also try to do some of the still pregnant things you planned on doing now- get a naked belly pic, take the tags off your latest maternity purchase and use it! I wish I had done some of those things, I still kinda miss being pregnant!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Welcome.  I am also new here (Emmeline is 11 days old today.) 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Lots of hugs and prayers!!!  Ask if you have any questions.  I remember coming off my July 2011 board when I was put on hospital bedrest @ 28 wks 5 days.  I stuck around until my LO came @ 35 weeks, and I still find this to be an amazing resource almost 5 months later! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome, but sorry you have to be here.  Getting past 32 weeks is a great milestone.  Hoping you and your little guy can hold on a little longer and gave a safe delivery!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"