Parenting after 35

Are we prepared to have a child in this economy?

Let?s face it; most of us work really hard to support our kids. One person working is not enough to pay the bills? That?s why; the ideal thing is to plan for your child ahead of time. However, many times children come without us being prepared. In today?s economy, honestly, I advice people to stay childless until things get better. Nonetheless, many in the past had children during great depressions and survived. Certainly, nobody wants to go through the headache of not having food to put on the table. Nobody wants Christmas to arrive and have no money to buy presents for your children. My mother didn?t have enough money to buy me all the things I wanted when I was a child yet I grew up more appreciative. When you don?t have material things you appreciate other things, such as the cake grandma baked especially for you on your birthday, the sandwich someone in school shared with you. You appreciate every moment, and your trust is not on money. However, I have met people that grew up very poor, and now they look for money like crazy cat after the mouse. They are afraid to be poor again. Have a healthy life, be prepared for surprises but if they catch you unaware welcome it with open arms, next time you?ll be more prepared?

Re: Are we prepared to have a child in this economy?

• geez...is no board spam-free?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm tempted to click on the "healthy" link just to see what crazy looks like today.  Don't want to task my Norton Anti-virus into working, tho.

(And no, we usually NEVER have spammers here... did you lead them here?!!)

• Loading the player...
  • I swear...was not me!  At least i don't think so...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"