Late Term and Child Loss
Options

It hit a cord with me... (vent)

So my, dad (technically, step dad - but raised me since I was 4--5) has been in the hospital for the past 43 days. At many points he was on his death bed, but he is getting better. He has three biological children, two of which live local to him but due to some family history, they haven't seen or spoken to him in over 20 years. Due to his critical condition, we reached out them and they are now getting involved and visiting our dad (which, I am THRILLED about!). My dad's son has a baby girl (8ish months) and the daughter has three girls. They both told our dad that he needs to get better so he can meet his granddaughters. 

It just breaks me to hear this. I too have a daughter that I want him to meet and he will never get the chance. My mom told me about this conversation twice (one about 5 mins ago) and each time it is brought up - I am just crushed to tears. It just hits a really sensitive cord. I told my mom I can't hear about it any more cause it just hurts too much. 

We are going to have a family reunion if that is what you want to call it- when he gets out of the hospital (probably 2ish months out). He will meet his granddaughters and I am sure I will be there to witness it. I am also sure I will be a sobbing mess. 

I just needed to vent and get this out of me. It is just so unfair! I too have a daughter and she doesn't get to meet her family. She doesn't get to meet her dad or be apart of his life and he doesn't get to be apart of hers. And to make it worst, neither do I.

I guess today is a I miss Haleigh day....  

Re: It hit a cord with me... (vent)

• Options

You are not alone on your feelings here.  When I saw my MIL hug and kiss all over our new nephew a few weeks ago it broke my heart.  My babies will never have that experience.

Big hugs to you today!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh how painful! I'm so very sorry. (((hugs)))
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    Sending big hugs your way.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    (((HUGS)))  I'm sorry, and you're right, it isn't fair.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"