D.C. Area Babies
Options

MoCo BF/pumping mamas and Jury Duty

I got a summons in the mail for jury duty next month. Am I right in the assumption that being a SAHM and breastfeeding/pumping should exempt me from service this go round? Unless they want to provide me child care and accomodate me taking breaks to pump...
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: MoCo BF/pumping mamas and Jury Duty

• Options
    You are correct. The same thing happened to me, and I called the number on the form and told them that I had just had a baby (I was still on maternity leave), and I was nursing, and I asked if they could move my date. They had no problem with it. They even let me pick the new date!

I don't know what the rule is about SAHM. I knew I was going back to work and would stop pumping when M was a year old, so I rescheduled my jury duty for when he was 13 months. I'm guessing there's an exception for people who provide full-time child care for young kids, but I don't know for sure.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I got summoned on maternity leave (within 8 weeks of the c-section, so I pulled the disability card). They just asked me to fax my discharge paper to them and I was excused for 2 or 3 years (whatever the normal turnover is).

DH got called when LO was about 6 months old, when he was the primary daytime caregiver, and he got to reschedule for after LO turns one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks ladies. after talking to DH, i think i'm just going to suck it up and go. i'll likely be eliminated from the jury pool in voir dire for another reason so we'd rather just have me go now and get it out of the way when it's easy for DH to take off and watch H than push it down the road.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"