Baby Showers

When should have my shower?

Im due March 5, 2012 ... but im being induced around February 22nd due to high BP. It's already the last week in October and the holidays are almost here ... but if i wait until January i feel like everyone will be broke because it's so close after Christmas & too close to delivery... but November only gives me about 3 weeks to plan if i start now! HELP :/

Re: When should have my shower?

• be aware that you should not plan your own shower. that first someone needs to offer to host one.

But when that does happen, on my month board it seemed as if most people were having showers around 30-35 weeks. However, i think if you do early Jan, i think that'd be a good idea. Just after the holidays but not too far in advance. 

I think regardless, people will buy what they can afford. Yes, they will take into consideration the holidays. however, you may have a better turn out after the holidays then before/during the month of December. and it'd be less stress/time scheduling for your guest. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im due March 5th as well. I'm having my shower January 15th. With this due date it was hard trying to come up with a date not to close to the holidays nor my EDD. So I'll say the end of January should still be good for you, that will give you a month to get situated and get things you didnt get at your shower.

Good luck!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would find a shower in January much more preferable than in Nov/early Dec.  Things are too hectic right now and early January is usually more quiet.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:
    I would find a shower in January much more preferable than in Nov/early Dec.  Things are too hectic right now and early January is usually more quiet.

This is a good point.  A Dec shower might conflict with a lot of holiday parties that.

You might have to mid Jan and have RSVPs due early Jan.

• imagekiley0779:
    Im due March 5, 2012 ... but im being induced around February 22nd due to high BP. It's already the last week in October and the holidays are almost here ... but if i wait until January i feel like everyone will be broke because it's so close after Christmas & too close to delivery... but November only gives me about 3 weeks to plan if i start now! HELP :/

A baby shower is a gift that a woman close to you gives to you. You do not, under any circumstances plan your own baby shower. Also, when you do not heed this advice, and plan your own shower anyway, consider this: If you have a shower before the holidays as opposed to January (when a shower should be given for you) people will not spend less on gifts for their family so they can spend more on you. So if you are only concerned with how much people are going to spend on you, you should have tried for a summer baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would go for the end of January. Its a whole month before you are being induced. Also, if you want to plan your own shower, go for it. Whos to say who is suppose to plan what? Its all up to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • imageBoricuaHunnie:
    I would go for the end of January. Its a whole month before you are being induced. Also, if you want to plan your own shower, go for it. Whos to say who is suppose to plan what? Its all up to you.

Well, If you don't care that everyone around you will think that you expect other people to support your child, and don't care how gift grabby you look, and for that matter don't care that alot of people wont show up to showers thrown by the MTB because it is tacky and just plain rude, then I guess you are right. WTH is with all of you people who think it is even remotely appropriate to plan your own shower?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageBoricuaHunnie:
    I would go for the end of January. Its a whole month before you are being induced. Also, if you want to plan your own shower, go for it. Whos to say who is suppose to plan what? Its all up to you.

Sorry...you're incorrect. It's not appropriate to plan your own shower. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • My shower will be on Jan 28th....EDD March 17th...I was in the pickle with the holidays too but my mom suggested having it at the end of January to give people a chance to breath from Christmas....And I had to take into consideration the NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl....Hoping the Pack will take it all the way again! YAY CHEESE HEADS! Ok sorry I got a little excited!
  • imageBoricuaHunnie:

I totally agree! It's a celebration for your baby!

• ok first thank you to the few women who didnt get bored and decide to call me tacky or whatever :) & second i never once said HEY YOU GUYS IM GONNA THROW MYSELF A SHOWER when should it be? ..... my sister is throwing it im just helping her decorate because im a crafty diy type person & i think its fun & ok i just dont care because im mature. thank you anyways :)

• imagekiley0779:

I think this wording is what gave people the impression that you were throwing your own shower.  People can only respond on the information given.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Did we not plan our own wedding and expect people to gifts there? Whats the difference? It was said that the mother of the bride should pay for everything in a wedding, but more and more people are paying for their own. We will also plan a 1st bday party, is that not gift grabby? Whats the difference?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"