Adoption
Options

Just Getting Started!!!

Hi! I am new here and am just getting started with the adoption process. My husband and I are very excited.  We are pursuing a domestic adoption and are in the midst of filling out paperwork, etc. I am hoping to be done with homestudy before the holidays...is this even possible?

I have enjoyed lurking around this board...I is so refreshing to know about so many successful adoptions as well as so many on a positive path. Looking forward to picking all of your brains and starting my family!

Re: Just Getting Started!!!

• Options

Welcome and GL

Homestudy timing is dependent on so many factors. You might be able to do it before the holidays, but if not, probably not long after the first of the year

• Options
    Hi! Hope your homestudy process goes smoothly!! We are also hoping to have ours finished before the holidays :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD conceived with no issues, but born at 33 weeks due to PPROM
    loss #1-06/2010 loss #2-2/2011 loss #3-5/2011
    07/2011 dx with a Balanced Translocation
    9/2011-decided on domestic infant adoption 10/2011-signed with an agency and getting ready for homestudy :)
    12-2012-after being with our agency over a year and only shown to EM once we decided to talk with RE about DEIVF. Thru a crazy sequence of events we decided to go for it and we picked a donor MUCH quicker than anticipated
    1/13/2013-started lupron with anticipated transfer in mid Feb.
    ER 2/15 resulted in 15 eggs/10M/6F with ICSI.
    2/18 transferred 1-8cell and 1-9cell embie. Snuggle in little embies.
    positive on HPT 6dp3dt. Could this really be IT?!?! Beta 14dp3dt=2440. U/S scheduled for 3/20. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am filling out the paperwork and realized that although I am married, I never legally changed my name to my husband's last name. Does this mean I should use my legal (maiden) name throughout this process even though i do go by the married name?

• Options
    imageJodyA118:

I am filling out the paperwork and realized that although I am married, I never legally changed my name to my husband's last name. Does this mean I should use my legal (maiden) name throughout this process even though i do go by the married name?

Ask your SW

• Options

Hi, and welcome.

Getting your homestudy done before the holidays is tricky, mostly because it's a busy time of year, and it may be difficult to schedule visits and have everyone around to review your file/have your prints turned around/etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"