Baby Showers
Options

Awesome shower...with some added drama...

My two best friends just threw me a shower.  I'm having a boy, and everything is green/brown elephant themed.  My friend designed and printed out the invitations, made me a diaper cake, and put together an ice cream bar for all of the guests.  My other friend cooked all of of the food and hosted the party at her house.  We played a "make a baby out of play-doh" game.  So much fun!  Our baby received so many wonderful gifts!

I always thought that my aunt disliked me...and it was confirmed at my party.  Everyone knew that we are having a boy (seriously, there was no way that she wouldn't have known).  She gave me a Hello Kitty blanked with butterflies in the pattern on the outside.  OMG....really?  Here's to hoping the next baby is a girl!  Lol.

Also had a lame excuse no-show to the party...but what can you do, I guess?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Awesome shower...with some added drama...

• Options
    Wow, that is so passive aggressive! I would still send her a thank you note though. With a line that says something about your little boy being kept warm by the Hello Kitty blanket. 
  • Options
    With your aunt's attitude, I'd be glad she didn't show up.  It was a blessing.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some people just amaze me. 
  • Options
    I'd donate the gift to Goodwill instead of holding on to it.  Someone can get some use out of it. 
  • Options
    Can you ask her for a gift receipt to correct her "mistake" with an exchange?
  • Options

elephants are MY FAVE thing ever!! really they are all around my house! Fi said no-way to elephants in the nursery lol. I love baby elephant themes!

Your aunt is a piece of work! i'd regift it to her for a holiday gift hehe :)

• Options

imageiluvmylab:
    I'd donate the gift to Goodwill instead of holding on to it.  Someone can get some use out of it. 

Ditto 

• Options
    I don't get why you wouldn't just use the blanket?  I'm sure it works just as well as a blanket without Hello Kitty on it.  Unless you have a problem with Hello Kitty, I'd use it and thank your aunt for the gift.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    With my first I was having a girl and it was obvious by being on the invitation and the overall theme. Well and my aunt and cousin got me boy stuff.  My cousin has a boy so I think it might just be regifted stuff from her son.  It didn't bother me much.  A gift is a gift and maybe they were just running low on money or time or something.  Oh well no big deal.  My second was a boy so those gifts came in handy. 
  • Options
    I'd use it too, give it to goodwill or regift it. Dont let it bother you, its really not that big of a deal. Im glad you had a good shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, it really doesn't bother me too much.  I think it is kind of funny to be honest!  :-)  And yes, I did send her a thank you note, I'm not that mean!  We did receive a bunch of other blankets (including hand-made quilts), so I will probably just donate this one.  They have a blanket drive in our area every holiday season, so it will be perfect timing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"