North Carolina Babies

Intro/ need advice

Hi ladies! I was on the NC Board on the nest and moved over here last august.  DS is almost six months old and I am loving motherhood. We currently are in the wake forest area and I am looking for a way to get him used to strangers.  This morning my grandma came to visit since she was out this way (she lives in Reidsville) and he had a fit!  The thing is I think he gets like this with ppl he doesn't see often or doesn't know when they speak loudly.  Anyway, my parents and DH suggested I get him out more, but I'm tired of the mall and don't know where else to take him that is near us.  I'm a SAHM for now and only know one other person with a child.  We are the first in our circle to have one.  Any suggestions?  TIA
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro/ need advice

• Welcome to the board! DD actually went through a stage like this at 4 months, and this was not for a lack of getting her out of the house. She was perfectly fine being in places with lots of people, but if they got close to her she freaked! We called this her "stranger danger" phase. It took a couple of months, but she got over it and has done well with strangers ever since.

All of that to say, getting him out may not be the answer! It may just be something he has to go through. But, places to consider getting him out could be the library story time, the Barnes & Noble story time, or possibly Meet-Up groups. Maybe even a children's museum where there would be lots of things to look at. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went through this too. My poor mom flew down from NJ and Sydney cried everytime she tried to hold her. I'm not sure if there's much to do. For us it was just a phase that she grew out of. She's still wary of people she doesn't know, but not to the point of crying and wanting mommy, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  I was kinda thinking the same thing about him being out more because he is fine in stores and other places.  The problems really occur when we are in a house or some other small setting where ppl are in his face.  Our families tend to be loud and he just doesn't seem to like it
  • Hey-I am a SAH in WF and I have a 5 month old baby boy. We are having a play date tomorrow at my house and there will be another mom with a 7m old there as well as several other moms from this board with kids in range from 2-4. You are welcome to join us. You can email me @ dclhomecare@yahoo.com if you would like to come!

Also, we go to the library story time, as well as some other moms groups, I can give you that info as well!

• imageuncjules:

Welcome to the board! DD actually went through a stage like this at 4 months, and this was not for a lack of getting her out of the house. She was perfectly fine being in places with lots of people, but if they got close to her she freaked! We called this her "stranger danger" phase. It took a couple of months, but she got over it and has done well with strangers ever since.

All of that to say, getting him out may not be the answer! It may just be something he has to go through. But, places to consider getting him out could be the library story time, the Barnes & Noble story time, or possibly Meet-Up groups. Maybe even a children's museum where there would be lots of things to look at. Good luck!

I was going to mention her! :) We've seen this with some of our other nieces and nephews as well...it's probably just a stage and irrelevant to how much you get them out and about. GL!

• Thanks! I really hope so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"