Georgia Babies
Options

Alpharetta

I would just like to say thank you in advance for the info you may provide.  My husband just received a job offer in Alpharetta,we currently live in Columbus Ohio so we are very unfamiliar with area! We have two little ones we would be looking for preschool for they are 2 and 4 we are looking for something part day!  Also if anyone has any insight on areas or place to live would be great our plan is to rent a townhouse for a little bit till we become more familiar with the area.  His office would be near Regency Hospital! Thank you again

Re: Alpharetta

• Options

Where is Regency Hospital?  The only hospital I know of is North Fulton Hospital.  Did they change their name?

Anyway Alpharetta is a wonderful city.  I live in Cumming which is Exit 13 on 400.  It is connected to it but different county.  Cumming is a new growing county with fabulous schools.  Both of my boys 1 and 3 go to a church for preschool.  There are lots in both locations so it depends where you end up living and who has openings.  

Lots of new build in Cumming and you can get a steal of a deal but just be cautious and do your research because builders going under.  My neighborhood is on it's 3rd builder.

Alpharetta has some new builds.  You could find a lot in Milton area.  You will be paying for Fulton county taxes.  Look into that vs Forsyth county (cumming).  

But all in all I think you will be happy with both areas.

• Options

Ditto Sigkap. Cumming is a great place to live. We live right on the Cumming/Alpharetta border (you pull out of our subdivision and you are in Alpharetta). The Vickery Village subdivision has some very nice townhouses and has a YMCA and a few restaurants right at the neighborhood like a planned community (it's rare here to be able to walk to a restaurant or gym). My son goes to an amazing preschool in Alpharetta, but it's full day. He did go to Midway United Methodist for 1/2 day program previously and was also happy there. 

ETA: the Forsyth schools (where Cumming is located) are also good schools. I mention that since your 4 year old will probably start school while you live in the rental I assume? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My daughter went to preschool in Alpharetta last year.  Catholic Church of St. Thomas Aquinas.  I really loved it.  It's near the Crabapple section of Alpharetta.  We moved though and I do love her new school, too. 

Alpharetta is a great location.  Good luck!  

• Options
    We just moved to Alpharetta 2 months ago and love it!  We are between downtown Alpharetta and Crabapple. It's such a great area and very family oriented. Great schools! Lots of fun things to do all the time.  Great shopping and malls and restaurants. The only drawback is that if you have a commute to the city or ITP, you are dependent on GA 400. If that backs up = not fun.  Alpharetta Christian Academy which is through First Baptist of Alpharetta is a wonderful preschool. First Methodist of Alpharetta has great one too. They basically back up to each other.   Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"